What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I accidentally clicked "dont give access"

MrHalfBlood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded this Fantastic looking app for anime wallpapers and the first time it asked for access to my photos, so it can save the wallpaper, I clicked "don't give access" option and now I can't get the option back at all. I have tried redownloading it and resetting the settings and NOTHING please help.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a look in Settings/Privacy. You should be able to change it there.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there--

Go to settings/privacy/photos and see if you can find the app mentioned. Turn "on"

Let us know if that doesn't help. ;)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MrHalfBlood said:
Ohhhh thanks a lot guys!! I'm new with this

No problem...glad to help, sorry for the duplicate help posts. Kevin and I were minutes apart from posting! ;)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yours was more thorough, Ski, so you get the points for this one.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not seeing the app I settings privacy photos

What they mean (above) is that you go into your Settings app (the one with the gray gear on it). Then, once it opens, press on the "Privacy" tab. And, once that opens, press the line titled "Photos." In there you'll find all the apps that want access to your photos and you have the option to turn that on or off.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

pegnftw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having this problem with my Privacy settings in the Photos section.
When I open it there is not one app in that area and I have installed apps that will not work unless permission is granted.
How can I make an app request access to my photos?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am having this problem with my Privacy settings in the Photos section. When I open it there is not one app in that area and I have installed apps that will not work unless permission is granted. How can I make an app request access to my photos?

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Normally just by opening these apps and trying to use them will bring up the request to access photos.

Try it and see if this works for you and let us know.

pegnftw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have installed at least five apps that would need access to my pics and they all give me the same message.
I have to give permission for this action and in my privacy settings no requests are shown.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have installed at least five apps that would need access to my pics and they all give me the same message. I have to give permission for this action and in my privacy settings no requests are shown.

So you have given permission for these apps to access your photos? But have you actually used the apps with a photo from the camera roll?
I'm not completely sure but I'm thinking once you do use one of these apps may be when they will show up in the settings.

I have quite a list of them on my ipad2 and I have used all the apps in the list, whereas on my mini, I only have 7 but here again I have actually used each one listed.

I've never really looked at this, so I can't say for sure.....so use the apps and see if they do get added to that list.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts