What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hyperlinks IN Pages

buzzkill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know how to build links to URLs, but I would like to know about links internal to the file. I do it on Word, and cannot imagine something so simple and useful not being a part of Pages.

Anything?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Let me put it this way, think of it as an opportunity to give your imagination a good stretching. ;)

In order to create internal links in a document you need to be able to create bookmarks (or whatever they are called) that can be referenced. No such ability exist in the iPad version of Pages, though it does in the OS X version.

Just another feature that didn't make it to the mobile version. Hopefully some of the more useful ones will be added in a future (wishfully soon) update.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about like when they update to Pages... oh let's call it '12 for OSX. I've been holding at Pages 08 for almost 3 years now. :mad:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I keep reminding myself that iPads are only a year old. The apps written for them are new, and no one, not even Apple, really knew just what was going to be be important to most users. When the iWorks apps were added I doubt they considered them anything but a make shift tool for the few people that would want to do some "basic" document creation.

A year later it is becoming obvious that more than a few people want a real desktop replacement option, at least for light professional work.

I expect Apple to start adding new features to the iWork apps, but it won't be quick and it may not be what you would expect. Useful as iWorks is it was never intended to be competition for high end applications. It is geared to be an all arround personal suite that can be stretched to do some busines stuff. The only reason it find itself being used this way is because no one else has stepped forward and provided a solid business solution.

The MS comptible apps are ports of older stuff meant for PDAs and phones. When someone gets seriouse and realises what a huge oppotunity a bottom up designed for tablets centric cloud based office suite could be, we'll start seeing some real business class tools.

Not that I care, beyond a desire to see progress. Pages does what little I need.

OP
B

buzzkill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made lots of use of this in Word, and would REALLY like to see it in Pages... I look forward to seeing what "the professionals" consider important.

Most reactions

Latest posts