What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hurricane Sandy

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hope all my friends in the USA staff and members are keeping safe from the hurricane.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sitting in bed reading the forum and listening to the wind. Cosy.
Bobbi

Hello Bobbi - keep safe in New Jersey; not sure how close you are to the shore - my wife is from NJ and we use to vacation in the Long Beach area; now my MIL & BIL are in Montauk, Long Island (just returned from a trip there) - we are greatly concerned but they are on high ground so wind/rail would be their main issues - have the weather channel on @ the moment. Hope that all in the path of this storm fare well - good luck! Dave :thumbs:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our thoughts are with our friends in the East. Stay safe, people.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, still watching the weather channel and thinking about our family in Montauk, Long Island - we were there about a week ago w/ just beautiful fall weather - stayed @ Gurney's Inn on the Atlantic Coast - expect damage to the lower level buildings + wind/rain. Another concern is a lovely dockside restaurant, called Gosman's Dock (pic below) which sits on Long Island Sound @ the inlet to Lake Montauk - the current projection is a 6-11 ft storm surge in the sound; well 6' will get the water up to dock level but 11' would be devastating! I cannot even imagine the amount of potential damage that is going to occur in this storm! :mad:

rsz_gosmans_gosmans_dock.jpg

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
the footage of Sandy on the news moving to the east coast looks so scary,my thoughts are with everyone.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
heard on the news that this will be one serious weather issue, i know many american people are stranded in major british airports unable to go home (and vice versa) due to cancelled flights. an american interviewed in an British airport said she was told that it wont be before november 5 she can fly to the US :mad:

on another more, google nexus introduction got cancelled due to hurricane Sandy

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes and Britain usually gets the tail end of the hurricanes from the states.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I'm experiencing issues with electricity because of the storm for the second time in five minutes, but I still have some power going.

The wind is now really picking up.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I'm experiencing issues with electricity because of the storm for the second time in five minutes, but I still have some power going.

The wind is now really picking up.

Good luck! Wife just called my BIL in Montauk, LI - they still have power; he has 2 boats in Montauk Lake which could be gone by the morning? Who knows?

The surge in LI sound is getting above 10' - might really damage the historic Montauk restaurant that I posted before - I'm quite SAD @ the moment - I've been enjoying lobsters there since 1973 (the year our son was born!) - sorry, but this is becoming emotional for me - Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts