What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hung in DFU Mode

dstevens7898

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently purchased an iPad 4 I guess, it's the one they were selling the day before they announced the new version (go figure). When I got it it ha d IO 6 on it and I did a jailbreak using evasi0n. Eberything went fine. My brother has an iPad 2 Wi-Fi GSM that was running 7.0.2. without taking the time to read that a jail break was not out for 7 tried to jail break it using sral different programs. I did save blobs from the version 7 on my pc. After trying to downgrade and several other options I now come to realize he's stuck till a jailbreak for 7 comes out. My problem is when. turn it on I displays the iTunes logo a USB cable and a start button. when connect I to the latest version of iTunes is says it has detected an iPad in DFU mode and must be restored. I click restore it goes through the process only to fail at the very end the 3914 error I think it is It won' t even let me restore it to 7.0.4. Any help on how to get it going again would be greatly appreciated. I have tried Tiny Umbrella recovery loop fix didn't work. I also have tried rythin have read posted here nothingsame for the apple site. Did I make a brick out of it or is there hope.

Thanks in advance.
David

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
D

dstevens7898

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks so much I thought I had made a brick out of his iPad but with your guidance it's up and running again. thanks
again.
david

Try following the steps outlined in this tutorial (by my fellow moderator, f4780y): http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

If all steps are followed exactly as written, you should end up with an iPad running the latest iOS - which is iOS 7.0.4 as of this writing.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Way to go iPad 2 moderator team! Especially, in this case, you, Marilyn! Showing once again why this forum is one of the best tablet forums available.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Way to go iPad 2 moderator team! Especially, in this case, you, Marilyn! Showing once again why this forum is one of the best tablet forums available.

I have to agree with you. Our IPF staff is very fortunate to have Marilyn here to assist in JB issues! :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Aw shucks, twernt nuthin'! :) More the work of the tutorial creator, f4780y.

The key is, you got it working again and for that - yay!

Thanks for letting us know it worked. Always good to hear back ... especially the success stories!

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts