What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HP Wireless printer ... how to print from iPad?

samurusawyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Step to print from ipad

Make sure you have the Pages app installed on your iPad.

Connect the iPad to your computer using the appropriate USB cable.

Open iTunes, then locate your iPad in the source list and select the Apps tab. Scroll down to access the File Sharing Pane.

The File Sharing Pane is a centralized location where you can manage the transfer of documents to and from your iPad. To print, transfer the desired document from the iPad to the Mac's hard drive. Then simply open and print using a device connected to that Mac or a device on the Mac's network.

Alternatively, e-mail yourself any documents you want to print, then open them on a Mac with printer access and print from there.

roger wood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am able to print from my iPad on my WiFi network on Printopia. Easy as anything just downloaded the demo onto my Mac and it worked great. They give a free 7 day trial, my printer is an HP 6400 series. If you like the software it is only $10 and will also print from your iPhone 4.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All I had to do was hit print.

I was surprised that I didn't have to set up anything on our new HP Officejet 6500A to print from iPad. My husband bought the HP as a cheap stopgap while we were moving from another state and our normal printer was on its way. We weren't even planning to print anything from our iPads. I just hit print to see if anything would come out, and it did, lol.

alexbrew22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
samurusawyer said:
Make sure you have the Pages app installed on your iPad.

Connect the iPad to your computer using the appropriate USB cable.

Open iTunes, then locate your iPad in the source list and select the Apps tab. Scroll down to access the File Sharing Pane.

The File Sharing Pane is a centralized location where you can manage the transfer of documents to and from your iPad. To print, transfer the desired document from the iPad to the Mac's hard drive. Then simply open and print using a device connected to that Mac or a device on the Mac's network.

Alternatively, e-mail yourself any documents you want to print, then open them on a Mac with printer access and print from there.

Q: I am probably notposting this correctly, but if I have a wireless AIO brother printer will the pages App help me be able to communicate with my network? Any suggestion woukd be greatly appreciated. It took me 3 hours to remove my encryption and get the printer hooked up with my network - which was huge for me btw

Is this something so easy, I should be ashamed? I tried to print an email from my mail app and it will not even populate my router network - probably something or sme things I fail to understand.

Any comments - even mean ones would be appreciated. My 10 year old thinks I can't print from this ipad2 but certainly - i should be able too.

Alex

AmberValley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wi-Fi

I have a HP LaserJet P1102w printer and a new iPad. I can print to the printer wirelessly if I disconnect from our 'Wireless Access Point' and connect to HP Printer via Wi-Fi and then go to 'Printer'. Then I see the printer and print to it.

Is there a way to connect to it via wireless through the printer option and not have to disconnect from our 'Wireless Access Point'?

It would be nice to stay connected to the internet through the 'Wireless Access Point' and to HP Printer at the same time.

I would appreciate any comments or ideas.

justinjkemp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In print, and wireless technology is beginning to become a new trend in the industry. DESKJET 3000 is one of the best wireless printers, HP is proud because of its price in the hand. I am able to print from my iPad on my WiFi network using Printopia.

itguy1187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use FingerPrint by Collobos. Excellent software. No extra iOS Apps required.

Most reactions

Latest posts