What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to print inside my outlook email account

Jnscts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unable to print a message from my email account but outside my account I can print anything from Safari

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unable to print a message from my email account but outside my account I can print anything from Safari

Hello - I saw your brief post above yesterday but the little information provided made a specific response mainly guesswork, sorry. BUT to get started, please provide some more information: 1) What iPad and iOS are you using; 2) As to your mail app, I'm assuming the native iOS email program - correct; 3) Were you able to print previously from the app (see my mail app in print mode below), and if so, any changes, e.g. ISP, modem, router, etc; and 4) What have you done to correct this problem?

For starters, have you 'force closed' the mail app and tried again (directions HERE). If not successful, have you forgotten your Wi-Fi network and then logged in again? Have you rebooted your iPad, power cycled your modem/router (i.e. remove power, wait a minute, and re-power) and printer? Dave
IMG_9311.PNG

OP
J

Jnscts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your response yesterday
The iPad mini is up to date (IPADos 13.2.2)
I use Outlook.com as my email address (this hasn’t changed)
2. I could print previously and yesterday I tried using this iPad on her HP printer without success. I noticed that on iPad (which is exactly the same) to print an email she connected it by a pdf file. I don’t see this when i try to print.
3. I can see the printer and print out successfully when not in my
email account.
4.do I need a web browser or how do I import a pdf. Also I have exactly the same problem with MacAir 2 ( purchased round 2016) it seems only since iup dated to Catalina on the Mac this problem became an issue. Unfortunately I have never printed from the Mac and always used the IPad
Ps must apologise for this War and Peace reply I am now getting a bit harassed trying to find a solution. If I can get the iPad sorted I would be very greatful
Kind regards. John

OP
J

Jnscts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Initially thought I had a printer problem.
My iPad upgraded to IPad os 13.2.2 since then I can still print and select pages when NOT in my account
However I am unable to print inside my account ( Giradman is supporting me with this as I thought it was a printer problem ( this is not the case) this proved when I could not print on her printer. However I am lead to believe this could be a lack of a browser or do I need to attach this via a pdf prompt. I have a MacbookAir 2
and updated its OS from Monjove to Catalina. Please help as I am getting out of Windows 7 before it sinks without a trace
Kind regards John

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I‘ve merged both threads, and edited the title, so that the information about this issue is available on one thread only.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for your response yesterday
The iPad mini is up to date (IPADos 13.2.2)
I use Outlook.com as my email address (this hasn’t changed)
2. I could print previously and yesterday I tried using this iPad on her HP printer without success. I noticed that on iPad (which is exactly the same) to print an email she connected it by a pdf file. I don’t see this when i try to print.
3. I can see the printer and print out successfully when not in my email account.
4.do I need a web browser or how do I import a pdf. Also I have exactly the same problem with MacAir 2 ( purchased round 2016) it seems only since i up dated to Catalina on the Mac this problem became an issue.

Initially thought I had a printer problem.
My iPad upgraded to IPad os 13.2.2 since then I can still print and select pages when NOT in my account
However I am unable to print inside my account ( Giradman is supporting me with this as I thought it was a printer problem ( this is not the case) this proved when I could not print on her printer. However I am lead to believe this could be a lack of a browser or do I need to attach this via a pdf prompt. I have a MacbookAir 2
and updated its OS from Monjove to Catalina. Please help as I am getting out of Windows 7 before it sinks without a trace

Hello again John - may just be me, but unfortunately I find your two posts utterly confusing and and difficult to really pinpoint a response(s). First, did you try any of my suggestions in the second paragraph of my first post - if so, please tell us if any were useful; if not, then I must have not been that persuasive?

Second, I'm not understanding 'her HP printer without success' - do you also have a problem w/ another HP printer? And why the need to bring in your MacBook Air, just further confuses the issue? Please try some of my suggestions on the iPad only and you may want to delete your email account and setup again which sometime solves such an issue. Sorry that I cannot be of much help but am lost in a direction to respond more specifically. Dave

OP
J

Jnscts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I‘ve merged both threads, and edited the title, so that the information about this issue is in available on one thread only.
Many thanks J.A.. hopefully I will get somewhere. I have been down to the Apple store wherea couple of tweaks were done to the MacBook but when I arrived back I still had the same problem. - will wait patently for a reply

Most reactions

Latest posts