What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hp printer help

ashmommy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the hp photosmart d110. It is not recognizing my wireless Internet connection. I do not have a computer to run the cd on like it is asking to find the wireless connection.I only have the iPad 2. I had asked on these forums if it would work without a computer and someone said yes. Is there any other way to connect them. Is there an app I can use. or since it's between the printer and the router am I out of luck?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the hp photosmart d110. It is not recognizing my wireless Internet connection. I do not have a computer to run the cd on like it is asking to find the wireless connection.I only have the iPad 2. I had asked on these forums if it would work without a computer and someone said yes. Is there any other way to connect them. Is there an app I can use. or since it's between the printer and the router am I out of luck?

This should work OK. The Photosmart D110 is an AirPrint compatible printer. I presume that you can access the Internet successfully on your iPad? When you say that the printer is not recognising your wireless connection, do you mean that the indicator light on the printer that shows it's connected via WiFi doesn't illuminate? Is the printer close to the wireless access point? It's not a range problem is it?

Get back to us with some more information and we'll try to help. But this should work OK. There should be no need for a PC.

Tim

OP
A

ashmommy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes my iPad can access my wifi. I moved the printer right next to the router. Now the network test report says this : Mac address filtering may be enabled on your wireless router. This cancprevent your hp printer from connection to your wireless router. If you do yhave Mac address filtering enabled and would like to keep it enabled, you must add the Mac address of your printer to the list of permitted devices for your wireless router before continuing. And yen the Mac address is listed on the paper. I have no idea what this means...also I can't change anything about my router because I don't have a computer! Do you think I should call my Internet provider...or do I call hp. I'm lost.

Most reactions

Latest posts