What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HP P1102w printer working with...

mutts2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just sharing info...

Ipad2 (32G wifi) printing on the HP P1102w laser printer.

Using Print n Share with WePrint. Got great support from the vendor (Holly at EuroSmartz) as this was not "plug-and-play".

Only suggestion is to use fixed IP addresses on your wireless network.

Cheers,
Cyd

46romik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! Immediately apologize for my English, I write you from Russia
smile.gif

I have a problem with printing from ipad (first generation) on the HP 1102w. There windows 7 itunes latest version, everything is connected through an access point zyxel p330. The printer is shared, Guest account wound up, firewalls disabled.
Safari can not find the printer, but if try to print with other programs, they find my printer, but not through airprint, and through bonjour. However, despite the fact that finding through bonjour, trying to print but the printer does not print anything. I beg you to help sort out.
blackapple.gif

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using PrintNShare or another similar third-party app? As you may know, PrintNShare and PrintCentral used an undocumented feature of the iPad's operating system and so were able to print from within an app. However, Apple recently insisted that this should be removed. Depending on the version of PrintNShare or PrintCentral that you have and whether you've recently updated (don't!!) that in-app printing facility may have been removed and you will now only be able to print from within PrintNShare or PrintCentral itself.

See if you can print from within your printing app and then get back to us with some further information.

Tim

46romik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I need print from whitin web browser, e.g. from Safari - web pages, that is why to print from within some particular app like PrintNShare or PrintCentral is inconvenience. I've got 4.3.2 IOS and probably an undocumented feature of the iPad's operating system is unavailable. If i jailbreak iPad will i able to downgrade IOS version and print with Air print? If you know some other ways to print, please tel me about them such detailed as it possible. Thank you.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I need print from whitin web browser, e.g. from Safari - web pages, that is why to print from within some particular app like PrintNShare or PrintCentral is inconvenience. I've got 4.3.2 IOS and probably an undocumented feature of the iPad's operating system is unavailable. If i jailbreak iPad will i able to downgrade IOS version and print with Air print? If you know some other ways to print, please tel me about them such detailed as it possible. Thank you.

AirPrint only works with the printers specified in this list from Apple.

Apple - iPad - Print right from your iPad with AirPrint.

For other printers you'll need to use a third-party app. I use Print Central, which used to allow in-app printing until a recent update. This was because it used an undocumented API in iOS and Apple have asked the developers to remove this feature. So now you need to import the document into Print Central for this to work. Downgrading the version of iOS - even if you could do this, which you can't - wouldn't help. Print N Share also offered in app printing and that has not recently been upgraded so it may still offer in app printing - but I can't guarantee that because I have not tried that myself as I have Print Central. If you do get Print N Share and it works with in-app printing, be sure not to install any future updates in case the in-app printing capability is removed.

Tim

klima

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HP P1102W will not air print

I have just today bought an HP P1102W printer to use with my IPAD. Unfortunately although it is in the APPLE LIST for compatibility ipad will not find it. Works ok from the PC with wifi connection.

Anybody has a clue. Should I do anything with the IPAD? Could not find anything in the manual

Thanks

inpicture

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've managed to make it run after updating firmware 4, 5 times.
Strange.

Cheers,
inpicture

Last edited:

Shanklysbest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's worth noting that some HP printers also work once the firmware has been updated, strangely when printing you have to disable Bluetooth

Most reactions