What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HP Mini won't connect to internet

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My comment about the 3G icon is just that it would be easy for you not to notice that your iPad was not seeing your wifi network, and be linking to the internet via 3G. After a long period of connecting one way, an automatic variation in connection could go unnoticed very easy.

Sorry to hear that you have Vista. Don't despair, there are cures for that and they hope to have it erradicated within a few years.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you have Vista. Don't despair, there are cures for that and they hope to have it erradicated within a few years.

Oh. whatever!

I love my desktop. It is also the HP Mini, apparently, and I only paid $500 for it 2 years ago and has worked beautifully.

I love my Mini lap top too ~ if it would only connect! I am re-JB at 11AM today, so after that depending on how much messing with electronics I can handle in one day, I may pull it out and try some suggestions...

I do need it tomorrow....:(

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Oh. whatever!

I love my desktop. It is also the HP Mini, apparently, and I only paid $500 for it 2 years ago and has worked beautifully.

I love my Mini lap top too ~ if it would only connect! I am re-JB at 11AM today, so after that depending on how much messing with electronics I can handle in one day, I may pull it out and try some suggestions...

I do need it tomorrow....:(

I wonder if it will connect from another network. Tomorrow may tell... :)

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1) - check WiFi switch is enabled.

2) - ensure WiFi is not disabled in network settings of the mini.

3) - in network settings choose to display network icon on task bar.

4) - press apply

5) - place mouse pointer over network icon to display condition (should show speed and signal strength).

6) - If you know the 'MAC' address if your mini, go into the routers web server and see if it is listed as connected.

If all fails try using a patch lead into the router

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That looks simple....

I have 18 reports due tomorrow.:( But I have been off for a week! Think I did even one? Hell No.

But now I want to work on my comfy couch on my Mini Lap top. Can I?

Another Hell No.:(

I knew this day was coming and I am just here to whine!

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
That looks simple....

I have 18 reports due tomorrow.:( But I have been off for a week! Think I did even one? Hell No.

But now I want to work on my comfy couch on my Mini Lap top. Can I?

Another Hell No.:(

I knew this day was coming and I am just here to whine!

Just us know how you get on -:

Eventually lol!

Most reactions

Latest posts