1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Howm to use EVDO on iPAD2

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Nabeel, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Nabeel

Nabeel iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Everyone. I have just bought iPAD2 and i want to use EVDO on it. I am using iPAD in Pakistan and there is just one operator providing EVDO services. However, they give in their PCMSI slot card or USB to use this service. Is there any way I can use this service with my iPAD2
  2. madhatter61

madhatter61 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    EVDO on iPad2

I have a Mi-Fi wireless router (Verizon). It works well. There are no apps that let you use the camera USB adapter for other than transferring photos. Other data transfer does not work. As for PCMCIA interface devices ... ipad2 does not have one nor interface with one.

Therefore, at this time your desire to use USB or PCMCIA interface connections is not possible.

You are forced to use WiFi and of course you must be within range of the sending device... so it doesn't give you cell phone connect anywhere.
  3. Nabeel

Nabeel iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanx.:)

However, coming back to the original question, how should i use EVDO on iPAD then? Should i use a sim card?
  4. K1W1

K1W1 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    As I understand it EVDO is a form of CDMA so if that is correct you can't natively connect an iPad to an EVDO network. I'm assuming that in Pakistan iPads are like everywhere except the USA and only available as wifi or wifi+3G. I guess what you would have to do is get an external device that would connect to the EVDO signal then transmit it to the iPad via wifi (act as a router in other words).
  5. Nabeel

Nabeel iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanx :)

However, i have seen EVDO been used in U.A.E on iPAD2 without wifi. So do we need a sim?

And yes, EVDO is CDMA.