What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howm to use EVDO on iPAD2

Nabeel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I have just bought iPAD2 and i want to use EVDO on it. I am using iPAD in Pakistan and there is just one operator providing EVDO services. However, they give in their PCMSI slot card or USB to use this service. Is there any way I can use this service with my iPAD2

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EVDO on iPad2

I have a Mi-Fi wireless router (Verizon). It works well. There are no apps that let you use the camera USB adapter for other than transferring photos. Other data transfer does not work. As for PCMCIA interface devices ... ipad2 does not have one nor interface with one.

Therefore, at this time your desire to use USB or PCMCIA interface connections is not possible.

You are forced to use WiFi and of course you must be within range of the sending device... so it doesn't give you cell phone connect anywhere.

OP
N

Nabeel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx.:)

However, coming back to the original question, how should i use EVDO on iPAD then? Should i use a sim card?

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I understand it EVDO is a form of CDMA so if that is correct you can't natively connect an iPad to an EVDO network. I'm assuming that in Pakistan iPads are like everywhere except the USA and only available as wifi or wifi+3G. I guess what you would have to do is get an external device that would connect to the EVDO signal then transmit it to the iPad via wifi (act as a router in other words).

OP
N

Nabeel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx :)

However, i have seen EVDO been used in U.A.E on iPAD2 without wifi. So do we need a sim?

And yes, EVDO is CDMA.

Most reactions

Latest posts