Howdy from Atlanta

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by JC46, May 29, 2010.

1. JC46

JC46 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Howdy, folks. I'm Jim Chambers, a retired civil engineer. I'm married to Deborah, and we have no kids.

I've written one book (so far) titled "Recollections: A Baby Boomer's Memories of the Fabulous Fifties."

I have an Amazon Kindle, but I also use my iPad for reading ebooks. And for playing games (don't ask how long it took me to clear every level of "Angry Birds").

Cheers,
    JimC

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Recollections-Boomers-Memories-Fabulous-ebook/dp/B002H9XTWI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1270506746&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Recollections: A Baby Boomer's Memories of the Fabulous Fifties…[/ame]

2. Bremen

Bremen iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Glad to have you here Jim!

I have to say I sold my sony reader after getting the iPad. The iPad is for me a much better readng experience....... Plus, in like being able to buy books and read them from just about any ebook store.....

Anyway, dig right in to the site, and enjoy. :)

3. JC46

JC46 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, Bremen. I have to say up front that as fiercely loyal as I am to the Kindle, the iPad does make a better ebook reader. Of course there are a lot of other issues involved in comparing the two devices, and no doubt their differences and relative merits have already been debated ad infinitum.

4. cimousa

cimousa Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Welcome to the forum! Thanks to the Kindle app we can read your book on the iPad, too!

5. cherhall

cherhall iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My kindle sits unused. I transferred the books to my iPad Kindle app, and haven't looked back. Had plans to give my kindle to family, but once they see my iPad, they don't want it! :)