What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howdy and I hate Macs............

kizer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Howdy and I hate Macs............

Until I tried playing with an iTouch this past Friday and realized I'm 40years old and I've been wrong all those years and man I'm an idiot. Next thing I know Im buying a 64GB wifi only iPad. :D

I think the only thing I don't like is the fact I've been using a PC for so long and the entire iTunes thing is a bit wonky. I'm figuring things out, but man I'm just so glad there are other things floating around out there to help you get things on/off.

I'll start a new thread on a few questions I have.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I have yet to have an issue with iTunes. In the 5 years or so I have been running iTunes on some flavor of Windows and sharing the library files across 3 machines via portable HDD, I have yet to have any problems.

If it is just getting to a familiar point or knowledge in the product, there is plenty of help to be gleaned from this site and others.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

When you get some time, I suggest you download a copy of the iPad User Guide. It is available for free in several different formats.

a) As a free PDF download from the Apple website --
Apple - Support - Manuals

ipad_manual.jpg

This can (and should!) be saved on your computer and your iPad.

b) As a free iBook once you download the free iBook app from the iTunes App Store.

c) Online using the link provided in the Safari favorites on your iPad.

The answers to many questions, especially if this is your first Apple mobile "iDevice", can be answered by spending some quality time with this handy document.

OP
kizer

kizer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the heads up on the manual. I stumbled upon that after I installed iBook, which is kinda slick and I'm glad it pretty much slaps you in the face when you first fire up the App Store.

GiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think we've all been there. I used to feel the same way. I now use Mac only (except for a VM that I run where I occasionally need access to a PC app - and whenever I do, I realize how much I do NOT miss working on a PC). I feel very fortunate to work for a company that is cloud based as far as things I need to access, and platform agnostic. This allows me to be highly productive whether on my iPhone, iPad or Macbook pro. Nobody can force me back to a crappy PC again!!

griffinfyre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still on the fence... I do love myself some PCs, but can't live without my old-school iPod Nano. And iTunes is pretty convenient...

OP
kizer

kizer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I have plenty of Windows machines at the house doing various things and they do them perfectly. Two linux servers and well now two new iDevices to figure out how to use. ;)

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From one newbie to another I'll say hello. Thread titles a little misleading it doesn't appear that you really hate macs.;)

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see this as a zero-sum game, either - there's stuff I use Windows and Unix for, and then there's Apple's devices, and I don't "love" or "hate" them for what they are.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh man, use a mac computer for a little while and you will seriously change your mind! iPad is mac lite.

Most reactions