What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howdy and help!

Reaction score
Hey all.

Had my iPad 2 3G for a week now and cannot get onto iTunes.

I have googled and tried everything except a complete restore

Is this a known error?

I have tried the following:
Hard reboot
Sign in and out of store in settings
Ensured cellular data is set to on
Tried to link though app store
Activated genius a and deactivated again
Removed restrictions with a code

What else?

I am about to start using this thing as a frisbee. Aaargh.

Any other suggestions please?

Thanks

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, if I understand what you are saying, you touch the iTunes app and either it doesn't open or it doesn't connect?

The Archangel

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using a wifi or cellular network. If the former check on another device that your Internet is actually working. My ISP goes down more than I care to mention. If using a cellular network, are you sure you have good enough signal to load the iTunes store? Is it just your iTunes store that is not connecting or your app store too?

OP
jennifromtheblock
Reaction score
I am using the 3G and I can connect to the web through safari... I am online now.

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I'm at a loss then. If you're able to connect to safari as you've pointed I can only thing of one reason why you can't load the store. My only reason would be the fact that the store may require more bandwidth than safari and you are thus unable to load the store due to insufficient signal. But that's just me thinking on the spot and I'm not sure whether that would be correct. If I were in your situation, I'd sync my iPad to my comp (creating a backup), restore the iPad, and then resend everything back on and hope for the best. Then again, if you can hold out on using it as a frisbee you might get a worthwhile answer in the next few hours. Best of luck either way, I'm interested to find out the problem.

OP
jennifromtheblock
Reaction score
Thanks. I am going to try a restore. Just connected it to my laptop but it says it will take 6hrs to download the iPad update?!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you managed to get into the iTunes app on your iPad yet because it is there, it's a tab at the bottom of the app when it's opened.

The Archangel

OP
jennifromtheblock
Reaction score
The itunes app is on the ipad but when i open it i can only see "Podcasts, iTunes u and downloads".

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jennifromtheblock said:
The itunes app is on the ipad but when i open it i can only see "Podcasts, iTunes u and downloads".

Mine looks like this......

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-1395041393.png
    image-1395041393.png
    393.5 KB · Views: 129

iPad.George

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I normally get the same message when my Internet is playing up. If I were you I'd contact your cellular network to see if there are any issues from there end.

Kind Regards,
George.

OP
jennifromtheblock
Reaction score
Thanks George, will try that, but my Internet connection is fine, so I don't think it is a connectivity issue.

Archangel, I only get 3 of those options in the menu bar.

Just wondering, should I have a user name and password in my apn settings? Because i don't.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jennifromtheblock said:
Thanks George, will try that, but my Internet connection is fine, so I don't think it is a connectivity issue.

Archangel, I only get 3 of those options in the menu bar.

Just wondering, should I have a user name and password in my apn settings? Because i don't.

First off, and you may have already mentioned this but are you in the USA?

I don't think APN should affect it (although not entirely sure).

We'll get this sorted!

The Archangel

iPad.George

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh I see. Erm, I'm not too sure on what you could do then. Hopefully you should get a solution later on in this thread. Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts