What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How would I best use my iPad to display a movie with a projector?

sidersb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the iPad2 is easier but is there a 3rd party item that allows a movie on an iPad to be played on a projector with audio and video with minimal hassles?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use the optional HDMI connector to connect the iPad to a projector with a suitable interface. On an iPad2 the screen is 'mirrored' to the HDMI connector, though you'll see Members have had issues with the format of the display and the projected image.

Tim

testerdennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Apple Tv 2 hooked up to my projector, and use AirPlay... Works great !!!

Siddys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just got a 3M Mpro 120 mini projectors, comes with with composite (yellow/red/white) connections which i connect to my Ipad AV cable. Use 'Display out' on the Ipad and you have movies on the projector.

You can get the Mpro 120 relatively cheap for second hand on ebay, its a great little device

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the iPad2 is easier but is there a 3rd party item that allows a movie on an iPad to be played on a projector with audio and video with minimal hassles?

It all depends on the inputs that you have on your projector. Apple adapters for most of the common video transfer cables, you just have to get the correct one for you projector.

I use the HDMI adapter, but they also have a VGA adapter and a component video adapter as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts