What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to view websites in normal view (non mobile)?

99ccoffman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the site and sorry ahead of time if this topic has already been posted. So my problem is, ever since switching to iOS 4 I've been having problems with websites automatically switching to mobile versions of their site. Being that im on an iPad, using the full version rather than a "watered down" version of websites should be the norm. So to my question, how can I prevent websites from taking me to their mobile version? Or is that even possible? Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some site offer the full version in a link, usually at the bottom of the page. This is true of Youtube, Google, and a few others.

Otherwise you can use a third party browser like Atomic or iCab mobile. These browsers can be set to identify themselves as desktop browsers.

Most of the time that works well, but hold in mind that some sites redirect you to the mobile version because the desktop site does not work well with the iPad. Despite the many extra features and differences in interface most browsers on the iPad use the same underpinnings, so a site the works poorly on one is going to be just as much of a problem on the other.

Most reactions