What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to view a file in filebrowser....

mrjaffa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the filebrowser app. I transferred a file from my home network to my iPad.

The file is there in myfiles but if I click it, it does nothing. Click open in AVplayer it does nothing.

I tried to locate the file with ifile to then maybe paste it into to the AVplayer app but couldn't find it.

What is the best way to watch the file? I know I can transfer if connected to the PC directly into AVplayer but I don't always want to connect to the PC.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mrjaffa said:
I have the filebrowser app. I transferred a file from my home network to my iPad.

The file is there in myfiles but if I click it, it does nothing. Click open in AVplayer it does nothing.

I tried to locate the file with ifile to then maybe paste it into to the AVplayer app but couldn't find it.

What is the best way to watch the file? I know I can transfer if connected to the PC directly into AVplayer but I don't always want to connect to the PC.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What type of file is it, mp4 , avi ?
If Avi, filebrowser cannot play this

OP
M

mrjaffa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's an avi file. Just seems silly that I have a file on my iPad that I can't play even though I have AVplayer which can play it. Oh well.

Thanks for your reply :)

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mrjaffa said:
It's an avi file. Just seems silly that I have a file on my iPad that I can't play even though I have AVplayer which can play it. Oh well.

Thanks for your reply :)

If FileBrowser is giving you issues, move the file from your PC straight to AVPlayerHD.

DenAtTheDBM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In iFiles, go into Applications, AVplayer, Documents, InBox and see if it's in there. If it's there, cut and paste it into the Documents folder. Then start AVplayer and see if it shows up. That happened to me once when I used "Open in AVplayer" and AVplayer started but the video file was no where to found. Later I found it in a folder called Inbox inside the Documents folder for AVPlayer.

OP
M

mrjaffa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In iFiles, go into Applications, AVplayer, Documents, InBox and see if it's in there. If it's there, cut and paste it into the Documents folder. Then start AVplayer and see if it shows up. That happened to me once when I used "Open in AVplayer" and AVplayer started but the video file was no where to found. Later I found it in a folder called Inbox inside the Documents folder for AVPlayer.

Wasn't there :-( Oh well. Nice try. Thanks....

OP
M

mrjaffa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If FileBrowser is giving you issues, move the file from your PC straight to AVPlayerHD.

I said I didn't always want to do that. I can download from the iPad to my Popcorn C200 via my PCH app. Then access the HDD via Filebrowser. And transfer from the Popcorn. Just can't seem to play it. Shame.

Most reactions