What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to use my Droid X for 3g mobile hotspot?

laurieb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my iPad this last weekend. Wondering what all I need to use the 3G hotspot through my
Droid X?

We are leaving Friday for a hockey trip and just in case I would need it?
What or how do connect my phone to it also?

Thank, Laurie

Sent from my iPad

kryptykk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to root your Droid X to get it for free, or you have to purchase the Hotspot plan from Verizon. Really easy to root, and once that is done, you will be able to hotspot for free, just turn it on and your device should find it!

Have a great trip!

OP
L

laurieb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess , I will not use it then. I don't want to root.

Thought maybe there was a app that I could use?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad

Bob Coxner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess , I will not use it then. I don't want to root.

Thought maybe there was a app that I could use?

Not for free. As noted earlier, you can purchase the Hotspot plan from Verizon and that doesn't require rooting. It's $20 a month and you can do it month-by-month, it's not a contract.

kryptykk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rooting is not a dangerous operation for your phone. It has been tested and tested again, and is a relatively safe way to do this. If you are worried, you can always make a backup of your original image and revert back to that after your trip!

Most reactions

Latest posts