What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to use a secure proxy on ipad

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work at a school and we have a proxy that is controlled by an outside company, they monitor all web activity.

I have set this proxy up and it works fine, where I am having problems is I have a login which I can use to bypass the proxy (IT technician), when I type in the URL, I type the username and password, and it says successfully logged in but when I visited a restricted page (YouTube) it still filters it!

What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work at a school and we have a proxy that is controlled by an outside company, they monitor all web activity.

I have set this proxy up and it works fine, where I am having problems is I have a login which I can use to bypass the proxy (IT technician), when I type in the URL, I type the username and password, and it says successfully logged in but when I visited a restricted page (YouTube) it still filters it!

What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

To isolate the problem as being related to your iPad rather than the secure proxy, are you able to log in and bypass the proxy from a regular laptop? Clearly, if you can, it's an iPad problem and, if you can't, the problem is with the secure proxy.

I know you've almost certainly tried this if you're an IT Technician, so please forgive me....

Tim

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem tim, but yes I have tried on numerous laptops, I even tried terra browser to see if it was safari, but no dice.

iPad just can't do it like you said I guess, but I thought I'd check with you guys to see if it was something I was doing!

Cheers

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - the iPad is not letting you bypass the secure proxy but can you see any websites at all?

Tim

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, the secure proxy works, it's just the login I have that bypasses it doesn't work.

Most reactions

Latest posts