What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to update wirelessly?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
When the time comes to update the iOS, how do we go about it wirelessly? I pressume wirelessly via iTunes? Or the icloud? Or just pushed somehow?

I hope it isn't via iTunes, else it makes the dependency on iTunes a bit annoying.

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
When the time comes to update the iOS, how do we go about it wirelessly? I pressume wirelessly via iTunes? Or the icloud? Or just pushed somehow?

I hope it isn't via iTunes, else it makes the dependency on iTunes a bit annoying.

You will get prompted to do so when the update is available via a system message. Once you accept it it will get pushed to you via wifi and your idevice will restart upon the resolution of the installation.

You can also check for update in the setting. Under General > Software Updates.

Hope this helps clear up your questions.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just want to say thanks too. You told me exactly what I also wanted to know.

☮ ♥ 

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how this goes. I have a sucky DSL access that maxes out at around 1-1.25 mbps on a good day. The nearest AT&T tower is 2 miles away on a hill within clear sight of my house but for data it's EDGE only, though full strength. Otherwise, I'd dump this stinky $45 DSL (which is robbing me of an additional $25 a month because a phone line is required and they don't do dry loop) and use my unlimited AT&T data plan on the iPad. Sadly, we have absolutely nothing else available out here.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts