What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Un jaibreak Ipad 3 wifi/cellular after Absinthe 2.0.4 Jailbreak Please

Wayne C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I this week jailbroke my ipad 3 using the absinthe method or a windows computer ( my friends ) the software on the Ipad was and is 5.1.1, I attempted to do this on my mac ( an old powermac with a max Leopard 10.5.6 ) which unfortunately wouldn't work due to the desktop being old so I took my ipad to my friends and did it on his. I carried out all the suggestions ie, backing up prior to jailbreak etc, did the break and then went home. My problem is I don't have the pre jailbreak back up as my friend has removed Itunes from his computer and the only back up I have is one done after jailbreak on my PPC?.

How would I restore to factory settings without getting an error code?, although I like my jailbroken ipad I enjoy using Sky Go app and it doesn't work on jailbroken Ipads sadly.

I have downloaded 5.1.1 firmware from a site mentioned on another forum.

I have noted in Cydia that my blobs are only 6.0.1, as I bought this computer second hand this week and guess that Apple aint signing these now??, is it possible for me to stay on 5.1.1 without having a pre jailbroken back up? thanks in advance.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. I share your pain re. SkyGo. Unfortunately there is no legal JB workaround and likely won't ever be one, so for now the only option is to run it on a stock device. I am fortunate that I have (for the time being) a stock iPhone5, so that is where my SkyGo resides!

Based on your scenario, your only option is to restore the device to 6.0.1, losing not only the current jailbreak, but the ability to jailbreak altogether, at least until such time as a 6.0.1 JB is released. That could still be many weeks or months! :(
You will also lose the native YouTube app and replace native Google Maps with Apple Maps.

If you hare happy to go down that route, follow our guide here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

You can probably skip step 2 if you have never used TinyUmbrella on that PC. Otherwise, follow each step to the letter and you should end up with a stock IOS 6.0.1 device. Whilst you can re-install all your apps etc., you need to be aware that without a backup, you may be losing documents, settings, etc. from your device. In particular, make sure you have saved away any pictures need!

I'm not quite sure what you mean by a backup on your PPC? If you have a recent backup of your iPad, you can use it to restore once you have 6.0.1 installed. The fact is was taken after a jailbreak is completely irrelevant.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
OP
W

Wayne C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I share your pain re. SkyGo. Unfortunately there is no legal JB workaround and likely won't ever be one, so for now the only option is to run it on a stock device. I am fortunate that I have (for the time being) a stock iPhone5, so that is where my SkyGo resides!

Based on your scenario, your only option is to restore the device to 6.0.1, losing not only the current jailbreak, but the ability to jailbreak altogether, at least until such time as a 6.0.1 JB is released. That could still be many weeks or months! :(
You will also lose the native YouTube app and replace native Google Maps with Apple Maps.

If you hare happy to go down that route, follow our guide here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

You can probably skip step 2 if you have never used TinyUmbrella on that PC. Otherwise, follow each step to the letter and you should end up with a stock IOS 6.0.1 device. Whilst you can re-install all your apps etc., you need to be aware that without a backup, you may be losing documents, settings, etc. from your device. In particular, make sure you have saved away any pictures need!

I'm not quite sure what you mean by a backup on your PPC? If you have a recent backup of your iPad, you can use it to restore once you have 6.0.1 installed. The fact is was taken after a jailbreak is completely irrelevant.

Good Luck!

Can i ask i' m currently on 5.1.1 isn't it possible just to revert back to 5.1.1 unjailbroken? using the restore command then selecting the IPSW of 5.1.1??, after switching off cydia in tiny umbrella?, thanks for your help

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that was an old post. At the time it was written, iOS 5.1.1 was the current, Apple-approved firmware. However, today, the most current firmware is iOS 6.0.1.

And, without SHSH blobs for iOS 5.1.1 - there is no way to re-restore, restore, downgrade or install iOS 5.1.1 on an iPad. None.

Sorry.

But - to add reassurance (and to repeat what f4780y said :)) - using the backup you made after the iPad was jailbroken will be fine. When you restore to iOS 6.0.1, you can elect to "restore from backup." That way, you won't lose the data you've gathered and all your settings. You just won't have the jail break...

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
OP
W

Wayne C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that I'll just keep it as is for now , appreciate your help and advice.

Bacardi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skygo partly works, it s just the anytime that does not. have just checked my ipad.

Most reactions