What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to turn off skype sounds

Magus666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive tried searching, but seems like this issue isnt answered for some reason. Is there a way to turn off the incoming message sound in skype and yahoo messenger? Ive turned off the notifications, but that dont help when im in the chat page. This drives me mad! Cant believe there isnt a sound and alert control!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are 2 places in the settings for Skype, I'm assuming you've been to Skype through the Notifications tab but did you go to the Skype app in settings then notifications, sounds and alerts?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

truc.reiser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to switch off sound

It was irritating me a lot with the sounds of YM and Skype. I tried to switch of all the sounds and also volume botton of Ipad. I was not succeed, until I find out this way.
On Ipad screen. You go to Settings -> notifications -> there are a few things to switch off here. You can find, example YM, Skype,...just switch SOUND off
Hope you understand and success.

Most reactions

Latest posts