What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to transfer Excel and Word files from PC ti iPad, and also edit them

alancal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone please help me with this, as I have only recently acquired an iPad?

welly8811

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Search for the app cloudon it works in conjunction with Dropbox and you can also edit it as if you are within word or excel, it's really good

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can someone please help me with this, as I have only recently acquired an iPad?

Hi Alancal - welcome to the forum! :)

Let me first ask whether you have office apps on your iPad that can open and manipulate Excel & Word files? I use Numbers & Pages (part of Apple's iWork suite), but there are plenty of options and much discussion here, so a search might provide some useful information.

Probably one of the easiest ways to get your Excel & Docs files onto the iPad is to use the 'cloud' - just to mention a couple (since there are many); first, one can email the files to yourself and then download them to the iPad; and second, obtain a free Dropbox account and simply upload the files to there server and then grab them w/ their app on your iPad. Others will likely come along and give you further options - good luck!

Elephant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download CloudOn from app store. Its great for what your asking. ;)

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think CloudOn is available everywhere. Just searched the Australian app store to check out what it does, and it is not there.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
I don't think CloudOn is available everywhere. Just searched the Australian app store to check out what it does, and it is not there.

It's available in Canada. If we knew where the OP was from,we would know if they could use CloudOn.

OP
A

alancal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
It's available in Canada. If we knew where the OP was from,we would know if they could use CloudOn.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Hamn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks
I have a small XLS file on my home PC which I need to use on my Ipad2, tried E-mailing to varios apps ie Numbers, doc2go, And quick office, unfortunatly none will allow me to open the hyperlinks, have heard about CloudOn but not sure how to uplift to it from the PC

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi folks
I have a small XLS file on my home PC which I need to use on my Ipad2, tried E-mailing to varios apps ie Numbers, doc2go, And quick office, unfortunatly none will allow me to open the hyperlinks, have heard about CloudOn but not sure how to uplift to it from the PC

Hi Hamm - welcome to the forum! :)

Just to double-check 'how' you are trying to email the file? The usual process is to send an email to yourself and attach the file desired; then 'open' the email on the iPad and click on the file - you should be offered an option to 'open in' - pick Numbers (or another app that can handle Excel files) - if this does not help please post back for further advice. Good luck!

Hamn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi giradman
Thanks for the reply.
I emailed the XLS spreadsheet to myself,from my PC, then opened in Numbers on the Ipad , That was ok but the hyperlinks were no longer active, The spreadsheet depends on the use of hyperlinking, sadly I got the same result In Quick Office & Docs2Go.
any help will be gratfully recieved

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hamn said:
Hi giradman
Thanks for the reply.
I emailed the XLS spreadsheet to myself,from my PC, then opened in Numbers on the Ipad , That was ok but the hyperlinks were no longer active, The spreadsheet depends on the use of hyperlinking, sadly I got the same result In Quick Office & Docs2Go.
any help will be gratfully recieved

Other than the hyperlinks, is their other user input required on the sheet? Did you try holding the hyperlink until an option box opened?

Hyperlinks sounds like a feature that may not be available on any of these products as yet.

Most reactions

Latest posts