How to tether 3g ipad to computer.

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by qwerty, May 19, 2010.

1. jimmiem

jimmiem
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    You can do this with pretty much any Android phone.

2. wrecklass

wrecklass
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Seriously this would be the most expensive way I can think of. AT&T's 3G has very low bandwidth caps for a high price. Get a Sprint wifi modem or if you need a phone get a Sprint EVO 4G. Either way you can put any device on the Internet for less than the iPad 3G w/AT&T option. With the EVO you can put up to eight devices online at once.

Lots of people have done the math and Sprint's plan is cheaper than AT&T and Verizon.

Also with the EVO you get the advantage of having a small Android tablet for lots of times when the iPad is too big to carry. I use my EVO to put my WiFi iPad and Asus netbook on the web and save money.

3. tankritkido2001

tankritkido2001
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    good thing here in the philippines 3g plan is unlimited for less than $20 a month.

4. Reid

Reid
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Tethering PC from iPad

I have a Nokia E71x phone that, by downloading the free Nokia Suite from the Nokia site, allows me to use the phone as a 3G modem to connect the PC to the Internet.

Would like to do the same with my new 3G iPad. Been reading a lot on those sites about "jail breaking" the iPad and then applying non-Apple certified software. Assume that means bypassing measures applied by apple to ensure we all buy apps apple gets a cut from? Is that the case? What is the best break software and where do I get it?