What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to tell if iPhone is an original?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an old saying that goes, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!"

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A friend of mine recently bought what he thought was a Nokia N97 - the advertisement, similar to the one that you show, seemed to indicate that it was the genuine article. He paid $99 for it. When it arrived, the front of the box said Nckia N97 and not Nokia N97. It turned out too that, despite the advertisement, the 'phone did not support 3G services. So, yes, I concur with the previous poster's view 'If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is'.

Tim
Scotland

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
By studying the icons and screen I can tell you that it is clearly a fake, sorry.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's probably a fake since the back says "Phone" rather than iPhone and the back doesn't look like it's glass.

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I wouldn't call it a fake... it's just not an iPhone.
And they don't say it is. Actually, the explicitly say that it isn't.

Dual SIM? iPhone doesn't have that
Java? Not on an iPhone
Memory Card? The iPhone doesn't have that.

If you read the description, you'll find the following sentence: 'Note: This is not an Apple iPhone".
So, it's not a fake, but it's not the real thing either.

The design is very similar, so if you flash it around a bit, people might think it's an iPhone 4.
But as it runs under Java, you'll probably notice it to be very slow and unresponsive, the touchscreen will react badly, etc.
Also, these things tend to fall apart within weeks of buying.
Warranty? Forget it. The seller is in China.

That should answer it...

Most reactions

Latest posts