What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to tell how much 3G I use monthly?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is that even possible? I pay $25/mo for 3G ~ not sure how much that gives me. How can I tell if I even use that much? Or more?

I wonder if I could get along without it? I got it to ensure I could always access on line out in the field while working.

Never had a problem, either.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is that even possible? I pay $25/mo for 3G ~ not sure how much that gives me. How can I tell if I even use that much? Or more?

I wonder if I could get along without it? I got it to ensure I could always access on line out in the field while working.

Never had a problem, either.
Go to settings/usage, it tells you how much you uploaded and how much you downloaded. Add the two and that's your usage. In your monthly bill find the date where they calculate your usage, it says from day X to day Z. Then, each month at that date, go to settings and clear the Reset Statistics. It will restart your counter...

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to settings/usage, it tells you how much you uploaded and how much you downloaded. Add the two and that's your usage. In your monthly bill find the date where they calculate your usage, it says from day X to day Z. Then, each month at that date, go to settings and clear the Reset Statistics. It will restart your counter...

Good Lord, Ivan! ~ I'm blonde, remember? Well, actually, not anymore...

I don't get a monthly bill ~ Just an email monthly, that $25 has been deducted....:)

I am going to try and do this ~

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Again, IPAD SWEDEN Excellent Advice

and Marie! Thank you for asking this question. I was doing the old fashion, non-technical way of figuring out how much data I use. What is that you say?

Everytime I get ready to start my 3G service (I keep it turned off in Settings), I check out how much I have consumed at that point. Then when I no longer use 3G, I check out how much I consumed since the last time I checked.

I do not get reimbursed for my use of my iPad on company time. But I can expense my 3G service if I have to start it to reply to a customer's query. So, when someone emails me information, or I have to go to a podcast, or I have to read a pdf file and the only thing available is my iPad, I can figure out how much to charge my company for the 3G service.

Now that IPAD SWEDEN has recommended an app that seems to be able to provide me with that specific information (I hope), I can launch that app and get the information in a better, auditable, format.

Thank you Marie for bringing this conversation into this thread, and thank you IPAD SWEDEN for your recommendation. SEE? There is an app for ANYTHING!

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are a trip, Matt!:D

Okay ~ check it out....

I can turn off 3G in settings? But I can't carry what over what I don't use, so why bother?

I'm confused....

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I guess AT&T isn't interested in new customers btw....I finally broke down after 3 years and went to talk to a salesman about getting an iPhone. I would keep my verizon line of course....since it would also be nice to be able to make phone calls.

I was told, not only did they drop the unlimited data plan....the highest you can now get is 2GB for $25 a month!!!

I was like...ok, guess you don't want to have any new customers.

AT&T notoriously sucks as a phone carrier for making calls...the only thing they have going for them right now is the best data consuming phone on the market and they are going to heavily restrict data consumption by only offering an insultingly low monthly cap???? This is crazy! I really hope Apple gets out of this ridiculous exclusivity deal and gets on Verizon. I will buy one on day one.....whether I can upgrade or not!!

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works fine and u are able to see the data flow in real time as u download/browsing the web etc for both GPRS/3G and Wi-Fi.

Calculating how much data u have left each month according to the limit u have and enter into the to app.

(Verry nice for those who have a limit) :)

Can be install manually

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I guess AT&T isn't interested in new customers btw....I finally broke down after 3 years and went to talk to a salesman about getting an iPhone. I would keep my verizon line of course....since it would also be nice to be able to make phone calls.

I was told, not only did they drop the unlimited data plan....the highest you can now get is 2GB for $25 a month!!!

I was like...ok, guess you don't want to have any new customers.

AT&T notoriously sucks as a phone carrier for making calls...the only thing they have going for them right now is the best data consuming phone on the market and they are going to heavily restrict data consumption by only offering an insultingly low monthly cap???? This is crazy! I really hope Apple gets out of this ridiculous exclusivity deal and gets on Verizon. I will buy one on day one.....whether I can upgrade or not!!

I Hate hate AT&T!! I have wanted an iPhone like forever, but I would never do a contract. Ever. Then the iPad came out and it was unlimited, then they did the bait and switch and got rid of unlimited.:mad:

I called them before I got my iPad ~ three different people, to make sure, that there was NO contract and I could stop my monthly plan on a dime and pick it back up.

So I do pay them monthly. Something I never thought I would do ~ pay AT&T a dime of my money.:(

But the power of the iPad took me over.:D

Siriggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cellular data under settings tells you how much you've used and what you have left and how many days you have left to use, or ration your valuable mb.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cellular data under settings tells you how much you've used and what you have left and how many days you have left to use, or ration your valuable mb.

eded3678.png

Most reactions

Latest posts