What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to tag on FB

Bubblygirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I wonder if you can advise me on how to tag people using my iPad. I have tried using the @ suggestion before the name but that doesn't work. If I want to tag I have to use FB on my Samsung phone which is very inconvenient when I am in the middle of posting using my iPad . Perhaps I have to change some settings? Hope you can help
Regards
Bubblygirl

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tap on the photo once, or maybe twice. It varies. Once you have the photo in full screen (the FB app), or in the wierd two column display withe comments at the right (Safari) the tag option will be at the bottom.

In the app the option looks like a little label/tag icon.

In Safari it says "Tag Photo".

In either case the options may disappear after a bit. Just tap on the photo again to get them to re-apper. In Safari this will also move you to the next photo (if there is more than one) so you may have to play a bit to get the right photo and options to appear at the same time.

Here's how it looks in the app:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443597494.060315.jpg

And here's how it looks in Safari:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443597509.879056.jpg

OP
B

Bubblygirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tap on the photo once, or maybe twice. It varies. Once you have the photo in full screen (the FB app), or in the wierd two column display withe comments at the right (Safari) the tag option will be at the bottom.

In the app the option looks like a little label/tag icon.

In Safari it says "Tag Photo".

In either case the options may disappear after a bit. Just tap on the photo again to get them to re-apper. In Safari this will also move you to the next photo (if there is more than one) so you may have to play a bit to get the right photo and options to appear at the same time.

Here's how it looks in the app:

View attachment 67856

And here's how it looks in Safari:

View attachment 67857

Oops sorry maybe I didn't explain properly. I just want to tag their names. Thanks for the photo tagging suggestion anyway because I wasn't sure how to do that either :)
Regards
Bubblygirl

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You mean in the comments?

Starting with the @ character works for me (don't add a space between it and the first letter)

In the Facebook app I get suggestions almost immediately.

In Safari I don't get suggestions until add a space after the first name. If those suggestions don't work, I continue typing the last name, add anther space behind it and get more targeted suggestions.

The Safari site's implementation doesn't work well in my opinion. Use the app if you can.

OP
B

Bubblygirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You mean in the comments?

Starting with the @ character works for me (don't add a space between it and the first letter)

In the Facebook app I get suggestions almost immediately.

In Safari I don't get suggestions until add a space after the first name. If those suggestions don't work, I continue typing the last name, add anther space behind it and get more targeted suggestions.

The Safari site's implementation doesn't work well in my opinion. Use the app if you can.

OP
B

Bubblygirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes in the comments. Have just tried your suggestions on the app and some names came up but not others. I couldn't even tag my son. When I put his name in then my name came up. The wonders of technology!
Still baffled. Back to my Samsung phone for tagging meanwhile.
Regards
Bubblygirl

Most reactions

Latest posts