What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to sync Ipad with another Mac

olivertimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to give my jb Ipad to my partner as I am buying a new one with more memory. What needs to be done that she can sync the ipad with her itunes and I can sync the new one with my itunes?

Is there any chance that my partner can sync the ipad with her itunes without restoring the ipad before? I don't want to loose the jailbreak.

Yes, the shsh is with cydia but I am not yet knowledgeable in downgrading. If she restores the ipad it will update to 3.2.2.

Any chances???

jackiemac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.WoowooMac.com
The iPad will behave the same whether it's jailbroken or not. When you connect the iPad to another computer, it will ask if you want to use the new computer to sync with. If you do, all the content (music, apps, etc.) on the iPad will be removed/replaced in favor of what is in iTunes on the new computer.

I hope this helps.

OP
O

olivertimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool that helps. In other words I will authorise my partner's macbook in my itunes account. She can sync with my itunes account and use my paid apps form the store and the jailbreak will stay.

Should be possible right?

Thanks for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts