What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to sync existing events on ipad2 calendar to google

Zorro6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
This is my first post on this forum. I have a full diary of events on my new ipad 2 local Calendar and now want to also be able to access my diary on my HTC desire S and goole calendar on a home computer. However although I can input an event on one device and see it eventually on another, all the events that are on my ipad diary are not showing on google calendar or my phone. I've tried setting up microsoft exchange, icloud, gmail etc on my ipad but this doesn't seem to solve this problem.

I haven't quite got the setup clear in my mind yet so any advice would be great.
Thanks
David

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
If you don't have a lot of events, then you can easily edit each event on the ipad and choose which calendar to store it to (edit - calendar). If you have lots of events then this won't be practible, but I don't know of an easy way to do it. Possibly you could sync via itunes to ical/outlook and then export to gmail, but I'm not entirely sure of the procedure.

OP
Z

Zorro6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for reply. I probably will end up retypring each event in order for Google to sync with the event. I just can't understand why it as to be a new event before Google calendar picked it up because I thought the sync meant that each one merged data from the other. Obviously it doesn't work like this and I'll have to accept the situation the way it is though it makes me a bit uneasy not really understanding it. It looks like I don't really need icloud, gmail for Google calendar syncronisation so I think I'll disable that and just keep microsoft exchange. :)

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
When you first sync it doesn't merge the calendars, so thats why you have the problem you have. As I said you don't have to fully re type each event, just select each event and change the calendar it is stored to.

Most reactions

Latest posts