What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to stop thread subscription notifications?

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried searching, but no joy.

When I first joined this forum I selected to have instant notifications when posts I subscribed to received replies. Now I have my iPad and I use this great app I don't want to receive them anymore.

I have gone into the control panel on the full website and changed my preference to no notifications and I have deleted the check mark from my subscribed posts, but I'm still getting emails every time someone replies.

Obviously I still want to see the notifications on this app, but not the constant emails..... How do I stop this please?

Thank you :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'Quick Links', 'Subscribed Threads', 'Empty Mailbox', - you're then asked to confirm - 'Yes' - you get a slightly off-putting confirmation that your subscription to the Forum has been removed (!) - but all it's actually done is remove all your subscribed links, so you won't get any more emails from any links you've subscribed to *in the past*. Any new links you visit, you'll resubscribe to....

Tim

OP
Harters

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
'Quick Links', 'Subscribed Threads', 'Empty Mailbox', - you're then asked to confirm - 'Yes' - you get a slightly off-putting confirmation that your subscription to the Forum has been removed (!) - but all it's actually done is remove all your subscribed links, so you won't get any more emails from any links you've subscribed to *in the past*. Any new links you visit, you'll resubscribe to....

Tim

Thanks for the speedy reply Tim.

I can't see 'Empty Mailbox', but I can see 'Empty current folder' is this what you meant?

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harters, I suggest you go to Edit Options in your User CP, and in near the top in "Messaging & Notification" set the Default Thread Subscription Mode to "No email notification".

That way, you won't receive any further emails, but you will be able to see your subscribed threads whenever you want by clicking on User CP (this will show you unread posts in your subscribed threads) or alternatively by clicking on List Subscriptions to see the full list.

It's useful to maintain a list of subscribed threads, as they will by default be ones you have posted in, and are likely to want to follow. I would not recommend deleting the list altogether.

OP
Harters

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harters, I suggest you go to Edit Options in your User CP, and in near the top in "Messaging & Notification" set the Default Thread Subscription Mode to "No email notification".

That way, you won't receive any further emails, but you will be able to see your subscribed threads whenever you want by clicking on User CP (this will show you unread posts in your subscribed threads) or alternatively by clicking on List Subscriptions to see the full list.

It's useful to maintain a list of subscribed threads, as they will by default be ones you have posted in, and are likely to want to follow. I would not recommend deleting the list altogether.

Thanks for your reply, but this is what I have done a week or two ago, but I am still getting the notifications by email.

I have put a screen shot below that shows all notifications are un ticked.

subscribedthreads.jpg

I cannot see how to change the ones which state "instant", even though they are unticked. These seem to be the problem ones

As you say, I still want to maintain my subscribed threads, but not the emails ...... Confused :confused:

Last edited:
OP
Harters

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I may have sorted it now.

I went into all the subscribed threads for 2 out of my 4 pages which I am subscribed to, then unsubscribed and re-subscribed.... a bit labour intensive, but hopefully it will stop all the notifications :D

No idea why they still came through even though they were unticked though ... :confused:

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a check box at the top for checking/unchecking them all. As you say, you'll have to do each page, change all the settings and you should be OK.

OP
Harters

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DM51 said:
There's a check box at the top for checking/unchecking them all. As you say, you'll have to do each page, change all the settings and you should be OK.

Brilliant , thank you :)

Most reactions

Latest posts