What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to stop ipad from asking password when installing/upgrading apps

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It becomes so boring, it always asks my password when i install/upgrade apps. How can i stop this if possible.

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tsmrg said:
It becomes so boring, it always asks my password when i install/upgrade apps. How can i stop this if possible.

Have you tried checking the settings to your account?
But i think you can't,because it's a part of their payment security.

Sleaka J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What version of iOS are you running? 6.0 removed the password requirement when upgrading apps but you still need to put in the password when downloading a new one.

OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using 6.1.2. I remember sometimes it didnt ask the password all the time. May it was because it upgraded the ios.

OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 6.1.2. I remember i didnt ask the passworrd all the time. Maybe it was before i upgraded the ios.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@tsmrg: I can sympathize with you. I remember reading that iOS 6.0+ was supposed to allow you to upgrade and install previously purchased apps without a password. Yet, sometimes, I have to enter my password when I'm merely upgrading apps already on my iPad. But - not all the time! It's very random (as far as I can tell) that I'm asked for a password. It's very odd - and very annoying.

So, no, I don't have a solution for you. :) Just know that someone somewhere "on the 'Net" is experiencing the same annoyances... :)

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Require password. You can set it to immediately or to 15 minutes.

image-283011762.jpg

image-4172690562.jpg If it's set to immediately, it'll ask for the password every time when updating apps, even on iOS 6.1.2.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that'd normally be the answer - except my restrictions aren't on (and if they were, I have my password set for 15 minutes). So, it still is a bit of a puzzle...

I'll live, but it IS annoying! :)

Marilyn

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you install apps with another Apple ID? On my iPad I did, and when I update certain apps it asks for a passoword. I have found no way around it. I have to put the other Id/password.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, security can be a bit of a pain. Would you rather everyone could load whatever they wish on your iPad and charge you for the pleasure? If that's good for you, please just send me your bank router code, checking account number, social security number and date of birth and I'll take care of everything for you. Trust me.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I must admit that I do prefer to keep stringent security measures on PCs, iPads etc. and certainly at airports. The first time that there is a breach of any kind and we will all be asking why isn't security tighter? Contrary to a lot of views, security is there for our protection, not to make life difficult. Those that try and breach security are the ones making life difficult. And yes, there will always be a fine line between human/civil rights and our own rights and freedom to live our lives without hassle from nefarious beings and their activities. Unfortunately, we will never regain that 'innocent time'. Sorry, we just have to live with it, modern time fact of life. Soapbox time over, :)

OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys, Scifan57's method actually worked. I just tested it by download an app now. Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, Scifan57's method actually worked. I just tested it by download an app now. Thanks

We're glad it worked out for you. It's always nice to hear back from the members, especially when the offered solution works.

Most reactions

Latest posts