What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to stop email forwarding to my Ipad2

Helga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Ipad2 and when I first activated it I chose e-mail forwarding from my then exsisting other email account.
I now wish to undo that and receive my e-mails seperately to each one of these accounts.
Since my Ipad2 was set up at the MacTown store I have no idea how to undo this or what to click on and need I all the help that anyone can offer.
Thank you in advance for your replies.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Let me get that - you have 2 email addresses. 1 you want to use as before (the one you had before getting the iPad) and one which you created when you set it up (or they).
Check your mail settings. Is it an iCloud account? Simply disable the mail option.
Is it actually your old email account (like i.e. Gmail) ? Simply disable the mail option.
Anyway you would need another email account to be set up which you want to get only on your iPad....
(sorry if this did not help you - better give some more info about the email accounts, maybe then it will be easier to help!)

211ssw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Control of how your messages come into you. Go to Settings, Mail, Contacts, Calendars

You state there if you want the iPad2 to be 'fetching' messages or do it in 25, 30, 60 minute interval or at your discretion which would be 'manual' Setting. If your signal is always reliably strong, 'manual' might be right. I've adjusted mine since you asked the question. Good luck!
Of course, you can consider deleting the address from which the forwarding is happening & that is done in same ares. It must be mystifying when it was done for you but easy to find Mail in Settings

Last edited:
OP
H

Helga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sorry if i was not to clear (i am a novice at this). I have a Road Runner account and when I got the Ipad I created a Gmail account just for the Ipad2. I had them set the Ipad2 to also receive email from my Road Runner account. I now no longer want to receive Road Runner e-mail on my Ipad2 and i want to treat them as 2 seperate accounts. The Road Runner is for my Laptop at home. I hope this explains it better

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Please go to "settings" - "mail contacts and calender"
There you should see both, the roadrunner and the gmail account.
Disable or delete the one you do not want to have on your iPad.
That should be it.
Now, if in the Mail Settings there is only ONE email account then you are actually forwarding from that address to Gmail, or Gmail fetches the mails from roadrunner - in this case you will have to change the setting of those accounts on the respective website.

Only the one who asks gets answers, but the content of the question helps to find the answers... ;o)

Attachments

• image-3970551346.png
    image-3970551346.png
    243.8 KB · Views: 957
OP
H

Helga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hallo in Bremen, recht schoenen dank fuer die schnelle antwort.
Helga (Berlinerin) aus Ohio, USA

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The settings you are looking for are in GMail itself, not on the iPad.

You need to visit your GMail in a web browser, go to the Mail Settings (the gear icon), the Accounts and Import tab, then edit the information in the Check mail using POP3 section.

Most reactions

Latest posts