What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to stop apps from installing on multiple devices.

BluStr76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought an iPad Pro 2017 for myself and I also have an iPad Air for my wife. My wife has early dementia and her iPad Air has some simple games that she plays to keep her occupied. When I install a new app on my iPad Pro it also installs it on my wife's iPad Air. What can I do to stop this from happening? I want to keep her Air as simple to use for her as possible.

rfalcioni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You must have set up both iPad under you Apple ID
My son had this problem between two iPhones Have a very nice day. [emoji4][emoji257]

OP
B

BluStr76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm kind of new to apple products. I've always been an android fan until I tried the 2017 pro. What would I have to do to separate the two iPad's?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In iOS 10 and 11

On the iPad you do not want to get autmatic downloads from your purchases.

Go to Settings
Tap your Account at the top of the left column,
Tap iTunes & App Stores.
Turn off the content you don't want to automatically download to this device.

CF951C76-C106-4379-BA3C-438D05B4EEB3.jpeg

In earlier version of iOS the iTunes & App Stores settings have their own icon in the left column.

OP
B

BluStr76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I did some more searching and found that same information. Did just what you suggested about 10 minutes before I saw your reply. Sorry to waste your time, but it was nice to see people willing to help out.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. Everytime I answer a questions I learn a little something myself. This time I leanred that the settings had moved. It's been so long since I needed to change mine, I had not noticed.

Most reactions