What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to speak into my iPad 4 retina so it will type for me! AND get this desktop.

Islandantoinette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had figured out HOW TO SPEAK into this once a year ago to have it type in my emails for me. But Darned if I did not forget! And after 3 days now of trying to figure
image.jpg
it out I can't. I also can't figure out how to make my "desktop" screen (the one with the stars on it) LOOK like this with the menu info ! It says Apple Menu I don't even know how to find or get to the apple Menu! As my desktop does NOT look like this picture. Or any of the other TEXT ACROSS the TOP of this screen. Or can this not be done on an iPad 4 and it is some other "model". Thank You.
image.jpg
Antoinette

OP
Islandantoinette

Islandantoinette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I had to turn Siri on because now I was able to type this out using my voice is much easier for me as my eyes are very bad and I cannot be on the computer for very long periods of time so one thing you should accomplished. I guess it does not put in any punctuation that's the next thing I'll have to learn is how to do that. I can't believe it took me three days just to figure this out.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's a Mac (OS X), a desktop computer screen. Not an iPad (iOS) home screen. You are not going to be able to see that screen. It is possible to use dictation on a Mac, but the method is different.

This link may help out with your dictation. It will tell you how to do punctuation, end lines, and start new paragraphs; along with a few other handy ticks. The thread is a bit old, but nothing much has changed.

http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/dictation-tips-and-tricks.81750/

Most reactions

Latest posts