What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to simulate a double click on iPad

msnilknarf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My husband wants to log into his email through the server at his university. He can get to the emails but can't open anything. You touch on the email you want to open, and nothing happens! Help

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out why you need to simulate a double click on your iPad. You just have to touch the mail you want to open.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is highly unusual for a web site, even a web mail site, to require a double click to do something. That makes me think your husband is using some unusual method to get mail. The only thing that occurs to me is OWA (Outlook Web Access), which doesn't work well with iOS devices unless it's set up just right.

The other possibility is that the site is using Flash or Java for it's online mail client. In that case you might be able to use one of the Flash enabled browsers. Puffin has a trial version he can try his site with. It includes a trackpad simulator, so double clicking is possible.

That said, sometimes tap and hold will get results on items that usually work by hovering or double clicking.

Without more details (and probably even with) all I can suggest is for your husband to talk to the universities IT staff and see how they recommend connecting with iOS or other mobile devices.

If they don't have an approved method, then someone should be suggesting they take a closer look at what's happening in the world and get themselves a plan to deal with it.

Last edited:

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I second Puffin. Most of the time, I don't run into anything that requires a double click, but it has come up. I like having the option of more than one browser too.

Most reactions

Latest posts