What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to set website links on home screen with Atomic Web Browser?

jsherk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

On an iPad 1, I was able to create links on the Home screen that will open Safari and go directly to that page.

Is there a way to do that so it opens using Atomic Web Browser instead of Safari? I have paid version of Atomic Web Browser.

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, sorry.

Not until/unless you jailbreak - Safari is the default browser on a "stock" iPad.

On a jailbroken iPad, you'd still have to set the links via Safari, but then when you select them from your homescreen, they open in your pre-set default browser.

Sorry 'bout that. If you're on an iPad1, go for the JB! :D If you're on an iPad2 - hand in there ... JB's coming.

Marilyn

Last edited:
OP
J

jsherk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, thanks mickey330 ... I was thinking I might have to jailbreak, so that will be my next project over the weekend!

Thanks

Sk1zb1t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey marilyn, i've got a jailbroken ipad 1 using atomic web (paid version) and browserchanger, yet my mail links and links from friendly etc still open in safari. any clues? cheers, nath

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apologies for pointing out the obvious, but ...

Have you both enabled BrowserChanger and selected Atomic Web browser as the default (in the Settings app)?

I have to ask because honestly? If that's not your problem, I don't know what's wrong 'cause mine works perfectly (as does its companion SBSettings toggle).

If it's not the obvious, sing out and we'll try to figure it out...

Marilyn

OP
J

jsherk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once I enabled browser changer and set Atomic as default I had to REBOOT my iPad before it took effect. Hold down power button for 4 or 5 seconds and it will ask you if you want to shut down. Once shut down, hold down power button for 4 or 5 seconds again to start back up. Then it should work.

Most reactions

Latest posts