What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to set up iPod Touch!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good link with steps: How to Set Up a New iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad

When I did my touch for the first time, I restored it to my most recent iPhone backup, and then deleted what I didn't want. I found that easier than loading from scratch, but YMMV depending on whether she's got an existing device and how much duplicate content she might want on her new device.

If she decides to restore off the backup of another device, she just has to do that, immediately rename the new device on iTunes and manually change its synching profile (unless she wants it to run identically).

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I did hit restore, babe, would it delete all the songs on the iPod? I would feel better if we could just delete any and all trace of her and the old iPod in iTunes.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here you go:

To remove a device or computer from your Apple ID:

Open iTunes.
Sign in to your Apple ID by choosing Store > Sign In from the iTunes menu.
Choose Store > View My Account from the iTunes menu.
From the Account Information screen, click Manage Devices.
Click the Remove button next to the device name you would like to unassociate.

I snipped the info from here: iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID

That should take care of your access concerns.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Here you go:

To remove a device or computer from your Apple ID:

Open iTunes.
Sign in to your Apple ID by choosing Store > Sign In from the iTunes menu.
Choose Store > View My Account from the iTunes menu.
From the Account Information screen, click Manage Devices.
Click the Remove button next to the device name you would like to unassociate.

I snipped the info from here: iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID

That should take care of your access concerns.

If you remove the account would it not stop any music bought from iTunes under that account from playing......I don't know, I'm just asking for my own reference as I couldn't see it on that page?

The Archangel

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excellent guys! I love you, two!

We are setting this up today when she gets off work ~ I was just checking out all that one can do with the iPod Touch. OMG. No wonder they say it is just like the iPad! She will have iMessage, Face Time ~ I don't even have that!

One thing ~ do you guys think this iPod came with iOS 5? Or do we have to update that?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Excellent guys! I love you, two!

We are setting this up today when she gets off work ~ I was just checking out all that one can do with the iPod Touch. OMG. No wonder they say it is just like the iPad! She will have iMessage, Face Time ~ I don't even have that!

One thing ~ do you guys think this iPod came with iOS 5? Or do we have to update that?

It should come with iOS 5 if it came from Apple.

The Archangel

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
C00L. Thanks, Gab. I guess we will know as soon as we hook it up to iTunes, right?

I dread this. I do. I so hate playing with iTunes. In any fashion. He cheats. Doesn't play well with others and just is an all around PIA.

Don't go far, Kay and Gab!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
C00L. Thanks, Gab. I guess we will know as soon as we hook it up to iTunes, right?

I dread this. I do. I so hate playing with iTunes. In any fashion. He cheats. Doesn't play well with others and just is an all around PIA.

Don't go far, Kay and Gab!

I like iTunes, it does everything I need........I'm not blonde though!

The Archangel

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Neither am I blonde, Gabriel. Hellooooooooooooo?

I was.

Anyways ~ tell me I don't have to set up my ATV with iTunes when it comes? I forgot about that!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Neither am I blonde, Gabriel. Hellooooooooooooo?

I was.

Anyways ~ tell me I don't have to set up my ATV with iTunes when it comes? I forgot about that!

No, just plug it in, connect to your network and pray hesto!

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy to help as able. I'm far from an iTunes expert, but I do OK bumbling around. I have plenty of criticism about iTunes, but it generally does what I need.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So ~ Kay ~ after we delete her old account, all the music she bought under that account will still be there right?

Could you imagine? She would kill me.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So ~ Kay ~ after we delete her old account, all the music she bought under that account will still be there right?

Could you imagine? She would kill me.

Would I be considered an accessory in your killing?

No, disconnecting her old iPod from her iTunes should leave her music intact on her iTunes account, so she can keep using it to synch whatever iDevices she likes.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would I be considered an accessory in your killing?

No, disconnecting her old iPod from her iTunes should leave her music intact on her iTunes account, so she can keep using it to synch whatever iDevices she likes.

Cool!

At least we are all not goin to the pokey!

Most reactions

Latest posts