What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to set the monitor so it rotates?

VampiressRN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
vampswillowhouse.willowhouse.com
Thanks 1991-C4...and you are now officially in big trouble with me...cause I love your avatar with your dog and you MADE me go to the apps store to find something about dogs. I was forced...forced I tell you...to buy SHOW DOGS...like watching Westminster on an annual basis is not enough...LOL :p

Sumbuddy save me from myself...I've got to stay away from that app store. ;)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks 1991-C4...and you are now officially in big trouble with me...
Like this is my first time being in trouble! LOL!

Not to totally hijack this thread, but the dog in the avatar is Kodiak and he died in November 2008 at almost 15. I use this picture to honor his memory. All of our dogs (6 at last count) have been rescued from shelters or one of Missouri's infamous puppy mills. We can't rescue them all, but its a start!

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread....

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...but some apps seem like they only open in portrait...is that correct?
Yes, but fortunately only a few (of the ones I have anyway).

The other thing that bugs me is one of the backgammon games will only work in landscape (which is OK), but it only works one way, not both ways. I mean with most apps, you can rotate the screen 180° and they work just fine, but not this app. It only works one way! Grrrrrrr......

All in all, this is a really minor thing to complain about, huh?

Angela Harvey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The auto rotate is working on my IPAD apart from on my email account where the screen is permanently landscape. Anybody have any info? Also there are a number of mentions about a slider switch next to the ringer switch which enable you to set the orientation but perhaps I am a bit slow as I can't find it. Can anyone help me please?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Angela! That little switch above the volume control is a really sore subject for a lot of people. When the iPad first came out, it was indeed a screen orientation lock. In a later iOS (operating system) update, Apple decided to turn that switch into button that would mute the system notification sounds and moved the screen orientation lock to the multi-tasking bar.

Apple must have been flooded with angry letters because in the next release of the iOS (which should be any day now... I hope!), the switch will be user definable which means you can keep it as a mute button or change it back to a screen orientation lock.

Clear as mud, eh?

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find myself not caring about the rotation lock anymore, I did when it was changed, but honestly I have not used mute or rotation lock for awhile now.

cpat1946

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There must be a setting somewhere which limits the monitor from changing when you turn the iPad " sideways" or any other way. Somehow I unintentionally changed and froze mine. I want rotating back.
Oh, Thank you so much! I have been trying to find a solution to this problem for two weeks!
T

Most reactions