What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to set a reminder on 11/1/2013?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sent from my iPad using iPF

I just played with my ipad calendar to create an appointment for 2013. When you open the app, on the very bottom you will see a thin tan bar with the year and months. There are arrows on either side. The arrows and months are very small...if you press the right arrow OR slide thru the months you can either go up or down in years. Once you get to Nov 2013, just press the day and you will get the option to create your reminder, who to attend etc.
Does this help you? :)

OP
P

Playcentric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1, Sorry. Not in Calendar app. The question is in iOS5 new Reminder app. Please try there.

2. Re the item you just created, would you please add some text in notes section and do a Search in Calendar for your text. It seems to me there is a bug that Search does not work for dates pass 11/1/2013.

Thanks.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I created an appointment for said date on the calendar app-my thought is that both apps work together. I than went to the "Reminder" app to pull up 2013. I get as far down as October. I press the Nov 1 key, and I can see my wifi circling like it is trying to load new pages. Bottom line, you are right. Unless there is another way that both you and I do not know of. I have the manual, so out of curiosity I am going to read up tonite. Maybe I might find something.

OP
P

Playcentric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Also please try the Search. Believe an issue there also.

If so, do not understand Apple design folks thinking on these limitations. Like them to fix these soon.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure what to type in the search box within the reminder app. I just typed the date: nov 1,2013- showed "no results." is that what you typed in the search or something else?

OP
P

Playcentric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Re Search
( not in Reminder app)
1. Create event in Calendar, say dinner 11/1/2013, put in notes say million
2. In calendar Search, put million ... It won't find the word
3. Change event date to 10/1/2012 ... Search now will work

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am really not understanding the reminder app. It is definitely syncing to my yahoo account. I tried searching for the key terms I put in the note box in the calendar day app. Does not work. Maybe somebody else may be able to help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How to set a reminder on 11/1/20013?

You do one heck of a lot of spinning.

After you create the task, tap on it again. Under details tap on Remind me and turn on On a Day.

Tap the date.

Now start scrolling up the the Month Day wheel. When you get to February you'll notice that the year will increase to 2012, where the date shows under the On a Day switch. Scroll another 12 months worth of days and it will increment to 2013.

It's like The Price is Right, only without the prizes and cute models. ;)

BTW, while the Calendar and Reminders are in a single app on the iCloud.com webpage, they are completely separate on the iPad. Even on iCloud.com they are clearly divided between tasks and events.

Last edited:
OP
P

Playcentric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks and you are great.
Is there a better way of spinning? Too much spinning if the year is 2016.
The Date/calendar display does not go beyond 10/2012. Am I missing any secret tapping or pinching?

Also, while you are on this, can you help on my second question, I.e. Search not working for event beyond 10/2012 or 2013 (create an event, for example, 1/11/13 and add text in notes. Search won't find your text.

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry. Can't help with either. There are no special spinning tricks that I know of.

I know the Calendar app will only search back a year, so I suppose I should not be surprised to find out that it will only search a year forward. There are no settings to change this behavior.

Most reactions