What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to set a default wifi

Intranetsites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At home i want my wifi connection to my cable router
On the road in want my connection to the cell phone

How do i order my wifi connections or set my cable as the default
so that im am not downloading netflicks on my cellphone when at home

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At home i want my wifi connection to my cable router
On the road in want my connection to the cell phone

How do i order my wifi connections or set my cable as the default
so that im am not downloading netflicks on my cellphone when at home
That's a very good question and after having looked at everything AFAIK it's not possible to set a "default" Wi-Fi connection for the iPad. I tested it a few times and it will end up connecting to the last network it used. So I can see how that might be a problem if it was tethered to your phone last.

About the only thing I can think of would be to put your phone in airplane mode when you're not using it at home.

Perhaps others will chime in with some ideas as well.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about going to settings and wifi and choosing the network when you get home......will that hold the one network or is there any risk of it auto switching back to the other network?

The Archangel

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
There is no way of doing this without changing over manually in settings. When you leave the house and your wifi drops it should pick up your phone as a secondary.....if it's a named wifi point within settings, but you will have to manually change within the house or turn off your phones wifi within the house.

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't say what the "cellphone" is.... but if it's an iPhone, you can easily turn off tethering, and there'll be no chance that pad will connect to it... period.

Most reactions