What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to send multiple attachments in one email using iPad features?

ethansamuel17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.hbipadlabs.com
Hello all, I am Marketing Executive and I found some problem in attaching multiple files in email, so can you guys suggest me any iPad app or a way to solve this query.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the only way to attach multiple files on a stock iPad is to be in the app that contains the files ... if it allows you to send more than one document. For example, in the Photo app, you can select up to five photos to be mailed at the same time. I think that the app Goodreader also let's you make multiple selections of files to send. I'm sure than are more apps, but I can't think of any off the top of my head (and I don't know if any will let you send more than one file at a time).

The stock iPad is different than a computer in that you don't select the files by attaching them from the e-mail app, you have to be in the app and choose to e-mail them from there.

Note that I said "stock" iPad. If you jail break your iPad, you can install a tweak from Cydia (the jail breaker's app store) called AnyAttach. This tweak will allow you to browse for and select files from the Mail app.

But, with a stock iPad, it's from within the app. Sorry.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A favorite workaround for many people is to upload your files to a service like DropBox, and mail the share links instead. I also use Box.com for this type of thing. It's easier to share entire folders from it, but you don't get folder syncing on the computer (with the free account).

There are some benefits.

• Many apps support DropBox (and Box), making file uploads easy.
  • Emails are smaller, so the get sent and arrive quickly.
  • The receiver can pick a convenient time to download the files.

mdanehart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just transmitted 5 photos via xfinity mobile email app...is this what you are referring to?

nkbh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WOW i just noticed this on my brothers "new" iPad. It seems like all solutions are for photos (it's the only thing the iPhone/iPad do well). One can't even attach files when replying to emails! Seriously...mail app is blows.

vidarsblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Multiple attatchments on ipad (you need a gmail account)

I found a great work around. Install opera mini from the app store (it is free). Log into your gmail using opera mini. Use the basic html version. Compose an email, for the attatchments click more than one attachment. It works wonderfully. I am very happy I found this as I often need to send multiple documents at once.

Hope this helps at least someone else.

Dave

paulgugino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Close, but no cigar. Only allows you to attache photos - not files/documents/PDFs etc. Am I wrong about that?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
paulgugino said:
Close, but no cigar. Only allows you to attache photos - not files/documents/PDFs etc. Am I wrong about that?

You need a central repository of documents set up in an app like Goodreader, rather than storing in the individual apps. From there you can attach as many documents as you like.

Will Skitch it when I get time.

Bodeasiyanbi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I attachment

Hello,

Using iPad was getting frustrating when trying to send mails with multiple files until I came across and bought Iattachment from the apple store...it was a savior. It is the best answer to sending mails with multiple files

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With iOS 6, you can easily attach multiple files to a single email using the standard mail app. Nothing new is needed.

68bucks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
With iOS 6, you can easily attach multiple files to a single email using the standard mail app. Nothing new is needed.

I can only seem to attach photos or videos like this. Am I missing something?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can only seem to attach photos or videos like this. Am I missing something?

On iPad, Apps own files. So, since the mail app doesn't own regular files, like Word processing or Spreadsheets, or presentations, it can't see them to be able to send multiple files via a single email. This is the nature of a app-centric OS, which is iOS. Android, on the other hand, is file centric so this is easily done there.

So, no, you are not missing anything. The mail app can't see files other than photos and videos, so I can't think of another way to send multiple files that are not photos or videos.

68bucks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
On iPad, Apps own files. So, since the mail app doesn't own regular files, like Word processing or Spreadsheets, or presentations, it can't see them to be able to send multiple files via a single email. This is the nature of a app-centric OS, which is iOS. Android, on the other hand, is file centric so this is easily done there.

So, no, you are not missing anything. The mail app can't see files other than photos and videos, so I can't think of another way to send multiple files that are not photos or videos.

Thanks I didn't think so. That has been one of my complaints about iOS, there isn't a file structure of any sort. Coming from a PC background it feels awkward at times. If you do a lot of business through email you need to handle a lot of attachments of various types and it isn't easily done in iOS. The iAtachment app looks interesting. I might give it a try.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks I didn't think so. That has been one of my complaints about iOS, there isn't a file structure of any sort. Coming from a PC background it feels awkward at times. If you do a lot of business through email you need to handle a lot of attachments of various types and it isn't easily done in iOS. The iAtachment app looks interesting. I might give it a try.

There are files, they are just hidden from you. You can jail break if you really want to get to them. Email is not a great way to handle files, though....these days people use cloud options...several are setup so that you move the file from your device to the cloud, then send a link to it.

I am a PC user, so I know how you feel.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Another option is to upload the files to a cloud service like DropBox or Box. You can mail as many shared links as you like; though it is a bit tedious going back and forth between apps to copy and paste the links.

On the plus side, the recipient gets the email faster than if you'd send large attachments, and can choose to download the files at their convenience.

Most reactions