What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to (selectively) sync photos with the IPAD?

JDMils

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have around 30 GB of photos on my server but my wife only wants to put a selected number of them (around 20) onto her IPAD.

The only way I can think of doing this is to copy the selected photos to another folder on the server and then sync that folder to the IPAD, but that is not the most efficient use of storage. Am I missing something?

Moonchaser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.moonchasersoftware.com
I think the folders are your best bet (if you are on the PC)

I have around 30 GB of photos on my server but my wife only wants to put a selected number of them (around 20) onto her IPAD.

The only way I can think of doing this is to copy the selected photos to another folder on the server and then sync that folder to the IPAD, but that is not the most efficient use of storage. Am I missing something?

Based on your description, it sounds like you are on a PC. If you are on a Mac, you just create an Album(s) in iPhoto and sync those. For the PC, I think the Folder method is your best bet.

Twistedfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the folder method, actually works nice. I never really understood why people would want to sync an entire library of pics with their iPad, even if you have a 64 gb iPad a large MP camera will eat that up quickly. Better to be selective.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup sort them into subfolders first as the photo app is pretty basic.

Most reactions

Latest posts