What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to secure an iPad from improper use?

ramon82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to secure an iPad from improper use?

Hi everyone - We are thinking of providing our sales reps with iPads to use as product catalogs (by opening a PDF file) however we wish to restrict them from doing anything else. Is there an app or something which would enable us to restrict the tablet in this way?

Thanks a lot

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't need an app. You can use "Guided access". This is part of iOS and locks the iPad into one app, requiring a password to return to normal.

There are also restrictions available in Settings which may be thorough enough for your requirements.

You can prevent apps being deleted and installed, and restrict access to most native apps in this manner.

OP
R

ramon82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I managed to setup GA but this is not exactly what I want - I want that when the ipad is turned ON the user is immediately redirected to Dropbox and thats all [with wifi enabled]! Then he should be able to turn off the ipad once he's ready using it.

With the turn off hardware buttons option this is a problem...help!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you not have Dropbox opened on the iPad at all times (and use the Guided Access option to prevent it from being closed)? Then, the user can put the iPad to sleep after they are done. This way, when they wake the iPad, it'll still be in the Dropbox app.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts