1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

How to Save Setting Changes

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by lprmcnit, Sep 22, 2010.

1. lprmcnit

lprmcnit iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm embarassed to ask this question...I should know the answer...but....OK here goes.

I'm setting up a wi-fi network, adding an auto-proxy setting( on the bottom of the wi-fi screen) pointing to a pac file we have stored on our network.I enter the URL, but then how do i save the setting? I'm used in a Windows world to clicking save someplace, but there doesn't seem to be a place to do that or a way to do it. About 1/2 the time when I navigate away from this page and come back, the url address isn't there anymore and is blank again.....once it is (finally, for sure) saved, I can connect to the wi-fi network and my proxy credentials are requested as they should be..but the problem is I'm not sure what I have to do to save the settings change. Appreciate in advance any tips or help. :)
  2. wrecklass

wrecklass iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ya there are a lot of mobile apps that work this way, you make a change and simply move on, no dedicated Save button. I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done about that. If the setting is not "sticking" I suspect it is a bug.