What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to save my game saves?

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi just wondered whether someone could help me. I have quite a lot of games on my iPad 2.

My problem is that when I go in to the settings to change my background none of the background images are displayed. They are just blank. I have tried a fresh reinstall of its 5.1 but when I restore from my backup the images disappear again. I'm thinking my backup could be corrupt somehow.. You can see in the screenshot attached.

Anyway how so I save my game saves so that I can perform a reinstall and set my iPad up as new. This should then fix my background problem.

Anyone?

Attachments

• image-3626548151.jpg
    image-3626548151.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 446

Little One

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some of my games saves its data localy and some uploads it to the cloud. I'd say back it up to the iCloud, but I am not sure it will be 100%. :/ Kind of last hope it is.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i moved your thread here for better attention.

OP
N

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys so here is what I've done. I managed to find a good way around this.

Please note before you do this you need to be o a jail broken device. I used an app I downloaded from Cydia called Datadeposit. You also need a Dropbox account. You use the app to search for saved games and then it saves them in your Dropbox account. I then reinstalled and jail broke my device. I then reinstalled Datadeposit and used it restore button. It restored my game saves perfectly.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys so here is what I've done. I managed to find a good way around this.

Please note before you do this you need to be o a jail broken device. I used an app I downloaded from Cydia called Datadeposit. You also need a Dropbox account. You use the app to search for saved games and then it saves them in your Dropbox account. I then reinstalled and jail broke my device. I then reinstalled Datadeposit and used it restore button. It restored my game saves perfectly.

So, you manage to save your games. Kewl on the nice Cydia tweak find, BTW.

My main question now, is: Did you manage to fix your original problem? As in, you can now see wallpaper images in the Settings app? If yes, then yay! A freshly restored iPad, saved games and no more troubled. Sounds like you worked out yourself a great solution.

Thanks for sharing it with us. And for returning to tell us the outcome. Always nice to get an update - especially on success stories. :)

Marilyn

OP
N

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I managed to sort it by doing this. I wouldnt have been too pleased as I've done all the cut the rope levels nearly and didn't fancy redoing them all as its took quite some time. So I backed up all my files to Dropbox and then restored my iPad to the latest iOS firmware. I then had to re jailbreak and add The datadeposit application to then restore all my game saves. It was then a fresh iPad working as normal with no problems or issues.

:-D

Most reactions

Latest posts