What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to save Gmail email in separate folder (label change)?

cswanson69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to save some occasional Gmail emails in a separate folder in my inbox. I've figured this out for my PC laptop, but can't for my ipad. Anybody know how?

Thanks

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I need to save some occasional Gmail emails in a separate folder in my inbox. I've figured this out for my PC laptop, but can't for my ipad. Anybody know how?

Thanks

Hi csw. Welcome to the forum.

I too use Gmail. You can move emails to different gmail folders. I expect you've figured this out through tapping the icons above an email.

Now, do you have the mail app set up for Gmail? It's possible to create a new folder via the iPad. See this screen shot which tells all in a nutshell. You will note I am using the mail app.

image-3601952367.jpg

Use the iPad in landscape. Tap the edit button top right of the folders list to call up the add folder button at bottom right of the folder list. Take it from there. It's

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I downloaded it yesterday and found that it does not show the existing folders/labels that have already been created.

I've found that too! I think it shoves labelled emails into the Archive area.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've found that too! I think it shoves labelled emails into the Archive area.

It does.
But in Settings - List on the app you are able to create new folders. That's what I meant before.

Most reactions

Latest posts