What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to retrieve deleted recorded videos?

galhammadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi

i have recorded few videos through my mini iPad and deleted them accidentally (actually it was a bug that deleted them for me .. what the ..). is there any way to retrieve them back?

i have tried many trail third party softwares but with no luck.

please assist and help me with useful ideas/apps.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi i have recorded few videos through my mini iPad and deleted them accidentally (actually it was a bug that deleted them for me .. what the ..). is there any way to retrieve them back? i have tried many trail third party softwares but with no luck. please assist and help me with useful ideas/apps.
Welcome to iPad Forums! I wish I had better news for you, but unless those videos were backed up somewhere else, there's no way to retrieve them. iOS devices, such as your iPad mini, do not have PC equivalent of a trash bin where you can go to retrieve recently deleted items.

OP
G

galhammadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the fast reply.

but still i want to believe that there is a hope :)

for example, how is it possible to see all my iPad mini folders and sub-folders ?

refer to this link:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4899717?start=0&tstart=0

there is one who mentioned the following:

"Don't get me wrong, but it just happen with me few minutes ago and I was able to recall them all...I do have a folder called "Camera Roll" and have seen that all pictures deleted were still in that folder...
I just create new folders and add the pictures from that location... now I do have them all again and could transfer them to my computer...."

so how is that possible ?

thanks again for your assistance.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks for the fast reply. but still i want to believe that there is a hope :) for example, how is it possible to see all my iPad mini folders and sub-folders ? refer to this link: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4899717?start=0&tstart=0 there is one who mentioned the following: "Don't get me wrong, but it just happen with me few minutes ago and I was able to recall them all...I do have a folder called "Camera Roll" and have seen that all pictures deleted were still in that folder... I just create new folders and add the pictures from that location... now I do have them all again and could transfer them to my computer...." so how is that possible ? thanks again for your assistance.
His post in that thread wasn't clear, but it believe he may have referred to deleting photos from another folder on his device. Photos in such folders are really bookmarks to the original in the camera roll, so deleting the photo in the camera roll does nothing more than delete the bookmark, leaving the original photo in the camera roll intact.

OP
G

galhammadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thats might explains a bit .. however isn't the same for the videos ? i mean "bookmark" ?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
thats might explains a bit .. however isn't the same for the videos ? i mean "bookmark" ?

In the 'native' Photo App on the iPad, albums can be created and images stored there from other locations, including the Camera Roll (CR) - the images that are put into an album are not duplicated but simply linked (i.e. like a shortcut) to the original one in the CR - if such an image in an album is 'deleted', then only the link is removed and the original will still be present in the CR; however, if an image or video is deleted from the CR then all of the links are also removed and the image permanently gone - this has already been explained to you. If you cannot find the videos in the Photo app, then recovery is unlikely.

Now there is 'data recovery' software for iOS devices which is both mentioned and referenced in the link you found - I'm assuming that you gave some of this software a try w/o success - correct? You can continue to follow the leads in that link, but your videos are lost unless you made a backup - sorry. Dave

OP
G

galhammadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Dave for the explanation and since the video is already lost then it is not worth downloading softwares that will not recover the lost.

Thanks again for replying.

Most reactions

Latest posts