What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to restore to factory settings

Bubblygirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad mini 2 and an iPad 2 . I have a customer for the iPad mini. How can I restore it to factory settings to sell it without deleting all content from the iPad 2?
Instructions as simple as possible if you please as I am not techy minded. Thank you.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First, if you don't have find my iPhone turned on on your iPad mini, go into iCloud in settings and turn it off. After find my iPhone has been turned off, go to Settings>General>Reset and tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
Once this has finished, your iPad mini will be completely erased and in the condition it was in when new. If you want to save the data on the iPad, back it up in iTunes on your computer before erasing it.

None of this will have any effect at all on your iPad 2.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bubblygirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, if you have find my iPhone turned on on your iPad mini, go into iCloud in settings and turn it off. After find my iPhone has been turned off, go to Settings>General>Reset and tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
Once this has finished, your iPad mini will be completely erased and in the condition it was in when new. If you want to save the data on the iPad, back it up in iTunes on your computer before erasing it.

None of this will have any effect at all on your iPad 2.
Wow....thank you for such a prompt reply and for explaining it so simply:)

Most reactions