What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dreemsnake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All I want to do is restore my bookmarks to my iPad from my iTunes backup. They are all there and I know this because the only help I've been able to find is from applications that say they are free but then won't let you to restore without paying them $50-$80.

I have a good backup of my iPad on iTunes. I accidentally deleted my Safari bookmarks when I was following instructions to free up memory. The instructions said that I wouldn't lose any data or browsing history but it did delete all of my bookmarks. I don't have a cloud backup is because the last time I tried it said that I would have to buy more space (my iPad is only 16gb but apparently it's over the limit of free cloud space). That's when I started using iTunes.

So, my questions are: 1. Is there a way to restore Safari bookmarks back onto my iPad using iTunes? 2. If not, could someone please tell me the least expensive application that will restore my Safari bookmarks? This is all I want to do and will never use it again unless this kind of issue comes up again. I can't buy an app for so much money just to use it once every 5 years.

My bookmarks are stored in a Windows 8.1 computer. Thanks for your help.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.2

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bookmarks are included in an iTunes backup (if they were still there when it was made). If you want to get them back, you just have to connect your device to the PC and restore it using iTunes.

Use these instructions to restore it to factory settings, and use the backup with the bookmarks afterwards:
Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support
Don't backup your device before restoring it.

Hope that helps.

OP
D

dreemsnake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks but I only want to restore the bookmarks. I have a good iTunes backup. I accidentally deleted the bookmarks when following instructions to free up memory even though I was told they would not be deleted.

And if there is no way to restore just the bookmarks using iTunes, I was wondering if anyone knew of a utility that would do it without charging so much. I've tried a few...they find all of my bookmarks for free but charge a lot of money to replace them. I don't want to pay all this money for a one-time deal. The prices for these utilities range from $50-80. I wondered if anyone knew of something less expensive.

Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iTunes will restore everything, it's not possible to restore just a part of the backup.

OP
D

dreemsnake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. I know. I am looking for a utility that is not so expensive, that people think works well.

Most reactions

Latest posts