What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO - Resolve iTunes Unknown Error 3194

Nevenus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Little help

Guys i have jailbroken Ipad 4, OS 6.1.2

I wannt to upgrade to OS 7.0.6 which i then plan to jailbrake again. I try directly restore my ipad from file (i download OS 7.0.6) but error 3194 occurred, after that i delete all lines in host file in my win 7 x64, that contain word apple, didn't work either. After that i download TU and notice that "set hosts to cydia on exit'' are already unchecked. I save SHSH and start TSS server and while it runs i try restore new os from file using itunes again. No error 3194 but now then i got message with error 11. I use TU to wake up ipad from recovery state.
So what i am doing wrong? Any advice.

Mostly grateful!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

I wannt to upgrade to OS 7.0.6 which i then plan to jailbrake again. I try directly restore my ipad from file (i download OS 7.0.6) but error 3194 occurred, after that i delete all lines in host file in my win 7 x64, that contain word apple, didn't work either. After that i download TU and notice that "set hosts to cydia on exit'' are already unchecked. I save SHSH and start TSS server and while it runs i try restore new os from file using itunes again. No error 3194 but now then i got message with error 11. I use TU to wake up ipad from recovery state.

Mostly grateful!

You cannot upgrade an iPad 4 to any iOS version other than iOS 7.1 no matter what you try to do. You can only upgrade to iOS 7.1. And, iOS 7.1 is not jail breakable.

Your only options are to stay jail broken on iOS 6.1.2 or upgrade and run iOS 7.1 stock.

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Mostly grateful!

Not possible for any devices at the moment, not even on the iPhone 4 unless you're a developer/hacker that's built a script to do so as there aren't any public utilities. This explains why custom IPSW restoring is not possible, regardless of whether or not hosts are edited.

Nevenus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So if i understand correctly there is nothing that i can do except for wait for maybe for next jailbroken IOS (maybe 8.0) and then upgrade my ipad using itunes service?
Thanks guys

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So if i understand correctly there is nothing that i can do except for wait for maybe for next jailbroken IOS (maybe 8.0) and then upgrade my ipad using itunes service?
Thanks guys

Correct.

Wait for the next jail break to be released and then upgrade as soon as it is released (so you don't risk being "left behind").

It's all you can do...

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks guys

Yes and no. If for some reason, @ih8sn0w's iBoot exploit is leaked and Apple patches it, then he'll most likely release it (will only be effective for iOS versions prior to the iOS that patches the iBoot exploit) and if that's the case, you'd be able to downgrade to 7.0.6 (assuming he creates a utility to do so, which he probably won't since it's only temporary), and then you'd be able to downgrade. Or, he can create a jailbreak utility strictly from 7.1 - 7.X (prior to the patching of the exploit).

We'll most likely see the latter if iOS 8 does patch the exploit, just like how Evasi0n7 and p0sixspwn were released within the same relative time frame.

Between now and iOS 8's release/jailbreak, a lot of things can happen. Maybe a bootrom exploit for A5+ devices can be found, or another exploit can be found on top of iBoot, etc, but it's best to expect the worse when it comes to jailbreaks and exploits.

Nevenus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hm. Thanks for fast responses, but for me stock OS is more less useless, I LUVE jailbrake ;). So i will wait. We will see what happend, only problem are some new apps that asks for OS 7.x, thats for all fuzz are about.

Most reactions