What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to rename photos--website confuses them

bookdoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I downloaded a photo to my website I just noticed that it went to the wrong page, it substituting for another photo, so I deleted the new photo. Both photos seem to have the same name (fake path.jpg) and this is likely the reason for the confusion. How can this be corrected? There seems no way to name photos individually. I haven't had this problem before. Thanks to all.

I just placed the photo on my website using my desktop and it went fine. It seems that though the iPad is OK for editing the website it isn't totally OK for adding a photo to it.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm guessing you're using some kind of online website editor through Safari.

You'll probably have to talk to support for whatever online website editing tool your using to see if they have a solution. Maybe they even have an app, or know of an app that works with the site. That would be the ideal solution.

A desktop computer uses whatever name the file has on the computer when you upload it. Safari on the iPad, (because it doesn't store photo with meaningful names) assigns generic names when uploading, like Photo1.jpg. If the site editor is just throwing uploads into a common folder without assigning a unique name to the files, it's going to be a problem.

You might be able to use iCab Mobile instead of Safari to edit your website. I have no idea how well it will work, but it seems to use the file index number from Photo's database. This is a long, ugly, meaning less file name, but it's unlikely to be duplicated by accident. I haven't really experimented with this, so please don't blame me if you try it and it does not work.

Good Luck

image-2543189390.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts